Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 25, 2014, 12:00:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: "School Dazed" by Fr. Cekada : From school complaints to Internet calumnies  (Read 6777 times)
FatherCekada

« on: November 23, 2009, 05:18:PM »

School Dazed
by
Father Anthony Cekada

How a few complaints about our little parish school suddenly became a world-wide Internet campaign of lies and calumny

http://www.traditionalmass.org/blog/

----------------------------------------------

WORK OF HUMAN HANDS: A Theological Critique of the Mass of Paul VI
by Rev. Anthony Cekada

New address to order from:
www.SGGResources.org

"In der Hölle sind alle Komiker Deutsche." -- Walter Itz
devotedknuckles
the causes go, true rebels remain

Personality type: incorrigible buffalo

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:PM »

Father I can't open the link on my bb. Could u possibly post the article
Thank you

This is the journey
from which, for me there shall be no return
wholly drenched
is the pine tree of  tears
-Yoshida Shoin
Rosarium
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:PM »

I hope the schools issues, whatever they are, are resolved in the best interests of the students.
petrelton

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:39:PM »

School Dazed
by
Father Anthony Cekada

How a few complaints about our little parish school suddenly became a world-wide Internet campaign of lies and calumny

http://www.traditionalmass.org/blog/

----------------------------------------------

What do you expect Father?

Your organisation is a magnet for every disaffected catholic who has ever had a dispute or been offended by the church. They contended with their local bishops and priests with their strident complaints and endless arguments. In the end they left in a hail of protest and joined your group. They simply brought their divisive and seditious natures with them. You draw them all in and then breed them in your schools. You are trying to hold together a fistfull of hornets. You should not be suprised if you get stung by them.

My local NO parish has 18,000 catholics on the books, they run 5 junior schools and a very large senior school. The priest and a junior priest run the whole thing. They do not have these dreadful problems. No doubt they have disputes but they seem to be able to resolve them without dragging out all their grievances in ugly detail all over the Internet.

So which organisation exhibits a catholic spirit of obedience, and docility to those in authority? Yours, or my local parish? Your organisation has all the trappings of traditional catholicism but lacks its spirit and its heart.

In fact your group are a worse example than the pagans. My local atheistic secular university has 35,000 students and 7,200 staff members. Never once have I read anything about such awful disputes between people like what you have put on the Internet which publicly and openly exhibits such appalling calumny. At least they have the common decency to air their dirty laundry in private.

Please don't break up your group. We need all the hornets in a hornets nest somewhere, but for your own sake I implore you to go back to church and reconcile yourself with the Pope. He leads a billion people and he has never needed to write a blog like yours to defend himself. Better to be a small fish in a big sea than a big fish in a small pond of piranhas.

Here are the words of Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) regarding the New Mass:

The liturgical reform, in its concrete realization, has distanced itself even more from its origin. The result has not been a reanimation, but devastation. In place of the liturgy, fruit of a continual development, they have placed a fabricated liturgy. They have deserted a vital process of growth and becoming in order to substitute a fabrication.They did not want to continue the development, the organic maturing of something living through the centuries, and they replaced it, in the manner of technical production, by a fabrication, a banal product of the moment.
(Revue Theologisches, Vol. 20, Feb. 1990, pgs. 103-104)
Joshua
The Gunslinger

Personality type: Choleric / Melancholic

ZELVS DOMVS TVÆ COMEDIT ME

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 09:01:PM »

Quote from: petrelton
So which organisation exhibits a catholic spirit of obedience, and docility to those in authority? Yours, or my local parish? Your organisation has all the trappings of traditional catholicism but lacks its spirit and its heart.

What a pustulous little post. If you wish to use this horrible crisis that Father's school is having to endure as the blunt end of your self-righteous diatribe then knock yourself out, pal. However, if you think the Novus Ordo Religion you adhere to (i.e. the true cause of the crisis in the Church which has in fact lead to the nonsense Father regrettably adheres to) is without its vile scandals, disgruntled loons and innumerable trails of lost souls wreaked in its wake then you're living with your head up your derrière.

You wont find an ounce of sede-apologetics being uttered from my mouth, however, acknowledge the beam in your eye before mocking the splinter in another's.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

Would you please spare an AVE for my deceased Aunt Elizabeth who left us on July 16th 2010? May God reward you.

"Know this: it is by very little breaches of regularity that the devil succeeds in introducing the greatest abuses. May you never end up saying: 'This is nothing, this is an exaggeration' ... I would give up my life a thousand times, not only for each of the truths of Sacred Scripture, but even more for the least of the rubrics and ceremonies of the Catholic Church."
+ St. Therese of Avila +

"The person who does not become irate when he has cause to be sins. For an unreasonable patience is the hotbed of many vices.
+ St. John Chrysostom

Gerard
Banned for disrespecting the Holy Father, snarkiness, and rad-traddy negativism

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 09:16:PM »

What do you expect Father?

Your organisation is a magnet for every disaffected catholic who has ever had a dispute or been offended by the church. They contended with their local bishops and priests with their strident complaints and endless arguments. In the end they left in a hail of protest and joined your group. They simply brought their divisive and seditious natures with them. You draw them all in and then breed them in your schools. You are trying to hold together a fistfull of hornets. You should not be suprised if you get stung by them.

What a rancid and  foul screed.  It seems you know how to calumniate.   The existence of any traditional organizations whether Fr. Cekada's or the SSPX or any other is a direct result of the repulsiveness of the bishops and the filth of the conciliar Church.  Any problems, scars and baggage people bring to traditional chapels is precisely because of the demonic energy killing the conciliar Church.  

My local NO parish has 18,000 catholics on the books, they run 5 junior schools and a very large senior school. The priest and a junior priest run the whole thing. They do not have these dreadful problems. No doubt they have disputes but they seem to be able to resolve them without dragging out all their grievances in ugly detail all over the Internet.

Maybe they do it with payoffs and "Catholicism-lite."  Apostates that are tolerated are usually very comfortable in their apostasy.  

By your description, yours seems to exhibit a degree of servility that is completely non-Catholic.  

In fact your group are a worse example than the pagans.

You mean the 18,000 pagans "on the books" (if not in the pews) at your parish?  

My local atheistic secular university has 35,000 students and 7,200 staff members. Never once have I read anything about such awful disputes between people like what you have put on the Internet which publicly and openly exhibits such appalling calumny. At least they have the common decency to air their dirty laundry in private.

Maybe they are empty husks of people that have nothing in life worth living or fighting for.  

Please don't break up your group. We need all the hornets in a hornets nest somewhere, but for your own sake I implore you to go back to church and reconcile yourself with the Pope. He leads a billion people and he has never needed to write a blog like yours to defend himself. Better to be a small fish in a big sea than a big fish in a small pond of piranhas.

Would that the Pope would be as forthcoming as Fr. Cekada. Agree with him or disagree with him, you at least know where he stands.  

This by the way is the Pope who has talked of the Liturgical ruins of the Church, the "filth" (his words) that Our Lord puts up with in His Church by His priests.  This is the Pope that has to write letters astonished that the world was mean to him for lifting the excommunications of the SSPX.  

This is the Pope that will not admit the problem of homosexuality in the clergy in the Church especially in light of the billions of dollars thrown at the problem of pederast priests who were protected by their lover/catamite bishops.  

And the saddest part is that this Pope is the best we've had in decades.  

When I'm at death's door, I'd take Fr. Cekada to annoint and absolve me over anyone in the conciliar Church.  
PeterII
Banned for OKing assisted suicide and wanting to burn heretics

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:19:PM »

In fact your group are a worse example than the pagans. My local atheistic secular university has 35,000 students and 7,200 staff members. Never once have I read anything about such awful disputes between people like what you have put on the Internet which publicly and openly exhibits such appalling calumny. At least they have the common decency to air their dirty laundry in private.

ROFL

The hope only
Of empty men.
pocketharpy

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:PM »

"    Internet forums are ideal breeding grounds for sowing such dissension and wickedness. Postings can be made anonymously or under a pseudonym. Slackers who have nothing better to do can keep the controversies stoked. Lies and distortions stay posted forever, and by merely by repetition, they are eventually assumed to be “true." (Father Anthony Cekada, "School Dazed."0

I was aware of the recent problems at St. Gertrude's but I had not seen anything about it here at Fisheaters until now.  So tell me, who is stoking the controversy?

-edited to remove unnecessary commentary by Thomas Droleskey.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:40:PM by pocketharpy » Logged

petrelton

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33:PM »

What a pustulous little post. If you wish to use this horrible crisis that Father's school is having to endure as the blunt end of your self-righteous diatribe then knock yourself out, pal. However, if you think the Novus Ordo Religion you adhere to (i.e. the true cause of the crisis in the Church which has in fact lead to the nonsense Father regrettably adheres to) is without its vile scandals, disgruntled loons and innumerable trails of lost souls wreaked in its wake then you're living with your head up your derrière.

You wont find an ounce of sede-apologetics being uttered from my mouth, however, acknowledge the beam in your eye before mocking the splinter in another's.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

To call the church "The Novus Ordo Religion" is a blatant sede-apologism and betrays the bias of your response here. Sede-vacantism is not allowed here on this forum, you need to be warned of that.
In any case you have basically described what I am saying. I do not wish to deny that vile scandals, disgruntled loons and lost souls are abundant in the catholic church. What I said is that a great many who leave the church for these reasons end up in the Gertrude group. You are just agreeing with what I said. They all bring with them massive chips on their shoulders such as you have exhibited in your response.

The faithful stay in the church and work together as a united fellowship to solve the problems and reform the church from within. Their words are like settings of silver and they speak to heal not to shrill with strident dispute.
There have been vile scandals in the church which have offended and injured people. It grieves me. But I will join with my bishops with my prayers and my pocket book to compensate and make reparation for the deeds which were done in the churches name to restore her glory in the world. That is what being a team player is all about working together for the glory of God. If you get in a huff because someone dropped the ball and then take your bat and go and start your own team then you are turncoat and a betrayer.

As we have seen by Fr. Cekada's post, St. Gertrude and the philosophy which the group espouses has not brought peace and healing but constant strife and far louder and shriller conflict than even the pagans can manage.

If healing and restoration is to come to the church it won't come from St. Gertrudes. It will come from the righteous and faithful who stay in the church and who work to rebuild the church from within. Erasmus was a fine example of this. He sympathised with many of the views of the reformers but would not follow them into schism. He spoke out against clerical abuses and stayed with the church till the day he died reforming from within.

Here is a quote from Erasmus who Fr. Cekada would do well to emulate
"I detest dissension because it goes both against the teachings of Christ and against a secret inclination of nature. I doubt that either side in the dispute can be suppressed without grave loss."

Fr. Cekada is suffering great loss and is a direct result of his dissension against the church. He needs to mend his ways and restore himself to the fellowship and communion of the one holy apostolic church.

Luther responded to Erasmus calling him a "viper,", "liar," and "the very mouth and organ of Satan." No doubt he also said you have your head up your derriere because this was very much his manner of speaking. A crude and vile man to be sure.

Let us all emulate Erasus and avoid individuals like Luther.

Here are the words of Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) regarding the New Mass:

The liturgical reform, in its concrete realization, has distanced itself even more from its origin. The result has not been a reanimation, but devastation. In place of the liturgy, fruit of a continual development, they have placed a fabricated liturgy. They have deserted a vital process of growth and becoming in order to substitute a fabrication.They did not want to continue the development, the organic maturing of something living through the centuries, and they replaced it, in the manner of technical production, by a fabrication, a banal product of the moment.
(Revue Theologisches, Vol. 20, Feb. 1990, pgs. 103-104)
Gerard
Banned for disrespecting the Holy Father, snarkiness, and rad-traddy negativism

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 09:54:PM »

The faithful stay in the church and work together as a united fellowship to solve the problems and reform the church from within. Their words are like settings of silver and they speak to heal not to shrill with strident dispute.

That really is a vaporous load. Just look at the buzzwords you use.  "reform the church from within"   Actually that's called infiltration.  The Church is the Church Militant and they rail and make war against Her enemies and when those serpents have invaded the Church, they accuse the Church Militant of being divisive and schismatic and whatever other buzzwords they can use to disarm and mislead the "pay, pray and obey" crowd into being lead by the nose out  of the faith while still sitting in the buildings. 

There have been vile scandals in the church which have offended and injured people. It grieves me. But I will join with my bishops with my prayers and my pocket book to compensate and make reparation for the deeds which were done in the churches name to restore her glory in the world.

Not enough.  You can't throw money at the families of trusting children who's purity was butchered by a monster ordained a priest by the bishop you give the money to to pay them off with. 

We need a public execution of the guilty bishops in St. Peter's square. 

That is what being a team player is all about working together for the glory of God. If you get in a huff because someone dropped the ball and then take your bat and go and start your own team then you are turncoat and a betrayer.

The salvation of souls is not a game.  It's a war.  That's the difference between the phoney religion plopped on top of the Catholic Religion, trying to smother it in "aggiornamento." 

As we have seen by Fr. Cekada's post, St. Gertrude and the philosophy which the group espouses has not brought peace and healing but constant strife and far louder and shriller conflict than even the pagans can manage.

Sounds more like a M.A.S.H. unit for the people who have been infected with the disease of the Novus Ordo but haven't been immune to the damage it does. 

If healing and restoration is to come to the church it won't come from St. Gertrudes. It will come from the righteous and faithful who stay in the church and who work to rebuild the church from within. Erasmus was a fine example of this. He sympathised with many of the views of the reformers but would not follow them into schism. He spoke out against clerical abuses and stayed with the church till the day he died reforming from within.
Here is a quote from Erasmus who Fr. Cekada would do well to emulate
"I detest dissension because it goes both against the teachings of Christ and against a secret inclination of nature. I doubt that either side in the dispute can be suppressed without grave loss."

Fr. Cekada is suffering great loss and is a direct result of his dissension against the church. He needs to mend his ways and restore himself to the fellowship and communion of the one holy apostolic church.

Luther responded to Erasmus calling him a "viper,", "liar," and "the very mouth and organ of Satan." No doubt he also said you have your head up your derriere because this was very much his manner of speaking. A crude and vile man to be sure.

Let us all emulate Erasus and avoid individuals like Luther.

Ugh.  You obviously don't know what the character of Erasmus was really like.  Luther was scum and Erasmus was the instigator of scum.

From the bio in the Catholic Encyclopedia

"Opinions concerning Erasmus will vary greatly. No one has defended him without reserve, his defects of character being too striking to make this possible. His vanity and egotism were boundless, and to gratify them he was ready to pursue former friends with defamation and invective; his flattery, where favour and material advantages were to be had, was often repulsive, and he lacked straightforward speech and decision in just those moments when both were necessary. His religious ideal was entirely humanistic; reform of the Church on the basis of her traditional constitution, the introduction of humanistic "enlightenment" into ecclesiastical doctrine, without, however, breaking with Rome. By nature a cold, scholarly character, he had no real interest in uncongenial questions and subjects, above all no living affectionate sympathy for the doctrines and destinies of the Church. Devoid of any power of practical initiative he was constitutionally unfitted for a more active part in the violent religious movements of his day, or even to sacrifice himself for the defence of the Church. His bitter sarcasm had, indeed, done much to prepare the way for the Reformation; it spared neither the most sacred elements of religion nor his former friends. His was an absolutely unspeculative brain, and he lacked entirely all power of acute philosophical definition; we need not wonder, therefore, that on the one hand, he was unable to grasp firmly ecclesiastical doctrine or deal justly with its scholastic formulation, while on the other he inveighed with extreme injustice against the instituitions of the Church. It must not be forgotten that the grave defects of his character were compensated by brilliant qualities. His splendid gifts explain the universal European fame of the man through several decades, a public esteem and admiration far excelling in degree and extent the lot of any scholar since his day. He had an unequalled talent for form, great journalistic gifts, a surpassing power of expression; for strong and moving discourse, keen irony, and covert sarcasm, he was unsurpassed. In him the world beheld a scholar of comprehensive and many-sided learning, though neither profound nor thorough, a man of universal observation, a writer whose diction was brilliant and elegant in the highest degree. In a word, Erasmus exhibits the quintessence of the Renaissance spirit; in him are faithfully mirrored both its good and bad qualities."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Jump to: