Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 23, 2014, 08:39:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Venerable JPII, Pius XII and more in the news...  (Read 3590 times)
Servus_Maria
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:PM »

Woooooooo go Blessed Mary MacKillop. Soon to be Australia's first saint ever! My old high school was originally founded by her congregation of sisters.

The order she founded had such beautiful habits and a beautiful apostolate as well. It's too bad that the sisters traded in habits decorated with rosaries and the sacred heart for slacks and decided that holding environmental workshops was more important than teaching in schools.

Ahh well.

Blessed Mary MacKillop, Pray for us.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:15:PM by Servus_Maria » Logged
joe17

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 10:34:PM »

The Sacred and the Profane.  Total opposites.  What else can one expect from the usurpers.

Joe
Baskerville

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 01:16:AM »

The Sacred and the Profane.  Total opposites.  What else can one expect from the usurpers.

Joe
Blessed Pius XII and JPII total opposites? Thats an understatement. I wonder what the Chances were of seing Blessed Pius at a Vatican rock concert. Or wearing tie dyed vestments and watching a bunch of clowns perform. Then going and kissing a koran. Probably not much.
glgas

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 04:45:AM »

Blessed Pius XII and JPII total opposites? Thats an understatement. I wonder what the Chances were of seing Blessed Pius at a Vatican rock concert. Or wearing tie dyed vestments and watching a bunch of clowns perform. Then going and kissing a koran. Probably not much.

Both were human beings, creatures of God (who created only good) and only gnosgtics and manicheists, the beliveres of the dual (good and evil principle) deny this

Both were popes and possesses the binding and loosing power, and anyone who denies this is schismatic, not Catholic.

Pius XII as pope never left Italy, he never sat on supersonic jet plane, never used computers and so on.

Your harsh judgment about what John Paul II did, is very similar how the pharisee denounced Jesus, who thought it unthinkable that a honest Jew would let a prostitute to wash his feet.
QuisUtDeus
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:AM »

Your harsh judgment about what John Paul II did, is very similar how the pharisee denounced Jesus, who thought it unthinkable that a honest Jew would let a prostitute to wash his feet.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong verse of Scripture, but I thought the problem with the prostitute was she spent all this money on balms and they said she should have given the money to the poor instead.

In any case, the prostitute was giving honor to the Son of God; that is not what JP2 was doing.  He gave honor to the Muslims and the Koran both of whom deny the Divinity of Christ.  There's a big difference.  If the prostitute had been burning incense to Venus she wouldn't have been highlighted in Scripture I'm thinking...

Let me guess, glgas, you're of the opinion we should only talk about the good stuff JP2 did and completely ignore the nonsense he engaged in and the fact that he did nothing to correct the insanity that has taken place in the last 30 years.

You've been watching too much EWTN.  Stop drinking the JP2 Kool-Aid.

Petertherock
Greatest of all sinners

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 12:36:PM »

Well, I got this from AQ...I guess this will be the the first of JP2's miracles...
[Edit by Quis - this is inappropriate]

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:53:PM by QuisUtDeus » Logged

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius
JoeVoxxPop

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 02:12:PM »

Well, I got this from AQ...I guess this will be the the first of JP2's miracles...

[Edit by Quis - this is inappropriate]

hah ha hahh ah
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:53:PM by QuisUtDeus » Logged
Baskerville

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 06:00:PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:04:PM by Baskerville » Logged
glgas

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 06:09:PM »

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong verse of Scripture, but I thought the problem with the prostitute was she spent all this money on balms and they said she should have given the money to the poor instead.

That was Judas problem, as John 12:5 reports

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

Read the reaction of the pharisee at Luke 7

39 And the Pharisee, who had invited him, seeing it, spoke within himself, saying: This man, if he were a prophet, would know surely who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him, that she is a sinner.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:49:PM by glgas » Logged
glgas

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:PM »

Luke 23:34 And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Jump to: