Author Topic: Archbishop Elias excommunicates Benedict XVI and John Paul 2  (Read 3964 times)

Petertherock

• Greatest of all sinners
    • Darryl's Myspace Page
This is funny...

Declaration of an excommunication upon Pope Benedict XVI and John Paul II. Video here: http://uogcc.org.ua/en/actual/article/?article=4554

Followed by:

An appeal to ex-Pope Benedict XVI

The Byzantine Catholic Patriarchate calls on You in the name of God: do public penance of Your apostasy by the feast of Pentecost, i.e. 12th June 2011! You have brought down God’s curse on the entire Catholic Church! By the beatification of an apostate You have elevated the spirit of Assisi – the spirit of antichrist – to the altar of the Church. You have officially legalized a different gospel and a different spirit in the Catholic Church. This contradicts the Gospel of Christ and resists the Spirit of God. According to Gal 1:8-9 You have incurred punishment of God’s anathema, i.e. excommunication from the Church. As from 1st May 2011 You no longer visibly represent Christ on earth, because by Your apostasy You visibly serve the Antichrist! Now, You occupy the office illegally. The Church has found herself in a sedes vacantis state.

God is still giving You the opportunity to repent:

1) Announce that the beatification of the apostate John Paul II was and is invalid.

2) Renounce the spirit of Assisi – the spirit of antichrist. Cancel the planned Assisi pseudo-anniversary.

3) Announce that the gesture of Your repentance is a resignation of office which You now hold illegally.

If You reject a call to repentance and remain in office, the spiritual genocide of the Catholic Church will begin. The orthodox Catholics will have no choice but to separate from You and from the whole apostatical structure. By your fault the spirit of antichrist will be considered the true Christ. There will start persecution of the faithful by the spirit of antichrist. True believers will have to retreat to the catacombs that they may be saved. There will be the Church of Christ. “The gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” (Matt. 16:18)

Millions of souls deceived by You will march under the banner of Peter’s keys to eternal damnation. Realize whom do You serve. There is still time. Realize, what consequences will it have if you leave the office, and what if You stay. Realize that very soon You will stand before the judgement seat of God.

Praying for You

+ Elijah

Patriarch of the Byzantine Catholic Patriarchate
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:45:AM by Petertherock »
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Bakuryokuso

• Eh
  • ///
Re: Archbishop Elias excommunicates Benedict XVI and John Paul 2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:34:AM »
it's hard not to be sympathetic to him...

As from 1st May 2011 You no longer visibly represent Christ on earth, because by Your apostasy You visibly serve the Antichrist! Now, You occupy the office illegally. The Church has found herself in a sedes vacantis state.

Peter, maybe you need to get more sleep man, how can this possibly not be a totally flagrant violation of forum rules?
"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963

Petertherock

• Darryl's Myspace Page
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:46:AM »
it's hard not to be sympathetic to him...

As from 1st May 2011 You no longer visibly represent Christ on earth, because by Your apostasy You visibly serve the Antichrist! Now, You occupy the office illegally. The Church has found herself in a sedes vacantis state.

Peter, maybe you need to get more sleep man, how can this possibly not be a totally flagrant violation of forum rules?

Well, AQ has a much tougher ban on SV topics and this is where I got this story from.
Darryl

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Bakuryokuso

• Eh
  • ///
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:53:AM »
I don't think so. Quis locked the latest Kyrie Eleison from +Williamson but it's still open on AQ
"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963

Cetil

• Old Lodge Skins
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 08:23:AM »
I'm not sure what impact this is supposed to have given the fact that "Patriarch" Elijah (the former Anthony Elias Dohnal) is excommunicated himself along with his fellow "bishops":
"Vatican—On 7 October 2008, the highest tribunal of the Catholic Church, the Apostolic Signatura, gave its response to the request of the so-called “Pidhirtsi fathers” to review the legitimacy of the great excommunication penalty imposed on them by the tribunal of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC). In its response, which was also made known to Bishop Mykhail (Koltun) of Sokal and Zhovkva of the UGCC, the Apostolic Signatura states: “…Having seen your instances to the Holy Father and the Major Archiepiscopal Tribunal enclosed with your letter, this Apostolic Signatura does not see any reason for it to intervene in this matter.” ugcc.org.ua posted the news on 11 November 2008.

“The Apostolic Signatura thereby stresses that the UGCC tribunals, contrary to what is often stated by the above-mentioned persons, were qualified to consider the respective criminal matters, and the sentences of the great excommunication penalty imposed on them are final,” explained the head of the Collegial Tribunal of the Sokal and Zhovkva Eparchy of the UGCC, Fr. Vitalii Tokar.

According to the UGCC Information Department, a great excommunication means that people punished with it are excluded from the liturgical communion of the whole Catholic Church. Faithful of the Catholic Church cannot participate in any religious services with these persons. The holy sacraments administered by them are not valid."

http://old.risu.org.ua/eng/news/article%3b26027

C.

"Arise, then unconquerable Prince, defend the people of God against the assaults of the reprobate spirits, and give them the victory."

QuisUtDeus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:40:AM »
"The holy sacraments administered by them are not valid."

Is that true by Eastern Canon Law or something?  Because it wouldn't be true in the Latin Rite.

Petertherock

• Darryl's Myspace Page
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:08:PM »
"The holy sacraments administered by them are not valid."

Is that true by Eastern Canon Law or something?  Because it wouldn't be true in the Latin Rite.

So is this just a sect of the Byzantines? Because the last I knew the Byzantines were in good standing with Rome.

Darryl

newyorkcatholic

• terrena deXXXXere
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:19:PM »

What is this group?  I highly doubt (as I'm 100% sure it does not) have any relationship to the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church in communion with Rome.

But does it even represent the Ukrainian Orthodox?  Why would they excommunicate the Pope, when they already see us as in schism?  And what does it even mean to excommunicate a pope who has died?

This guy must be the Ukrainian version of Pope Michael.
One human thought alone is worth more than the entire world, hence God alone is worthy of it. -- St. John of the Cross

QuisUtDeus

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:25:PM »

What is this group?  I highly doubt (as I'm 100% sure it does not) have any relationship to the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church in communion with Rome.

But does it even represent the Ukrainian Orthodox?  Why would they excommunicate the Pope, when they already see us as in schism?  And what does it even mean to excommunicate a pope who has died?

This guy must be the Ukrainian version of Pope Michael.

As I understand the article Cetil posted, they were part of the UGCC in communion with Rome, and got excommunicated from that.  So they've started their own sect and "excommunicated" the Pope.

But, someone chime in if I'm wrong.

newyorkcatholic

• terrena deXXXXere
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:PM »
As I understand the article Cetil posted, they were part of the UGCC in communion with Rome, and got excommunicated from that.  So they've started their own sect and "excommunicated" the Pope.

But, someone chime in if I'm wrong.

Makes sense.  So excommunicate a deceased Pope?  Sounds crazy and stupid.
One human thought alone is worth more than the entire world, hence God alone is worthy of it. -- St. John of the Cross