Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 23, 2014, 01:13:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Michael Voris on SSPX 9/15/2011  (Read 5617 times)
GottmitunsAlex
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise. The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." Pope St. Pius X

Personality type: Rational

Hochmeister / Magister generalis

« on: September 15, 2011, 02:23:PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7md3Lrsecs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7md3Lrsecs</a>
Latest Vortex (this time on the Rome-SSPX issue)

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom Sunday Homily
Old Salt
Yep.

Personality type: melancholic

Sancta Dei Genitrix Ora Pro Nobis.

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:33:PM »

He says nothing new.
Next to nothong.

Don't forget to pray for the dead.
crusaderfortruth3372

Personality type: Choleric/melancholic

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 03:47:PM »

Yes, this while it is good that Mike Voris understands the crisis, what he said here is nothing new and pretty much common sense to most FE.

"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits." -Archbishop Fulton Sheen
Someone1776
"The Derailer"

Neo-Candylander

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:PM »

Yes, this while it is good that Mike Voris understands the crisis, what he said here is nothing new and pretty much common sense to most FE.

I am pretty sure most of Voris viewers are attendants of the NO not the TLM. What he is saying might be new to them.

"Christianity lies in achieving greatness in the face of the world's hatred." - Saint Ignatius of Antioch
iona_scribe
Blue Fish

manuscript illuminator

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:PM »

He still tiptoes around criticizing the actual council, blaming the abuses instead.

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.

Remember, O Christian soul, that thou hast this day, and every day of thy life: God to glorify- Jesus to imitate- The Angels and Saints to invoke- A soul to save- A body to mortify- Sins to expiate- Virtues to acquire- Hell to avoid- Heaven to gain- Eternity to prepare for- Time to profit by- Neighbors to edify- The world to despise- Devils to combat- Passions to subdue- Death perhaps to suffer- Judgment to undergo.

crusaderfortruth3372

Personality type: Choleric/melancholic

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:PM »

I am pretty sure most of Voris viewers are attendants of the NO not the TLM. What he is saying might be new to them.

"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits." -Archbishop Fulton Sheen
JayneK
gfh

Personality type: INTJ

with my grandsons

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:PM »

He is portraying regularizing the SSPX as a positive thing to an audience that almost certainly included those who see the Society as suspect.  He is putting in terms to create sympathy for the SSPX. 

ADORABLE Saviour, consider my many wants, and grant me those graces which Thou knowest I stand in need of to do Thy will in all things.
Unum Sint

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:PM »

He still tiptoes around criticizing the actual council, blaming the abuses instead.

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.

Well if the council teaches no dogma then what is there to criticize except those who think that it does.
iona_scribe
Blue Fish

manuscript illuminator

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:PM »

Well if the council teaches no dogma then what is there to criticize except those who think that it does.

Haha, true.  But I'd love for him to mention the "just a pastoral council" thing some time.  I think most of his viewership isn't aware of the distinction.  Only a year and a half ago I came from a "VII is the best thing since sliced bread" parish.

Remember, O Christian soul, that thou hast this day, and every day of thy life: God to glorify- Jesus to imitate- The Angels and Saints to invoke- A soul to save- A body to mortify- Sins to expiate- Virtues to acquire- Hell to avoid- Heaven to gain- Eternity to prepare for- Time to profit by- Neighbors to edify- The world to despise- Devils to combat- Passions to subdue- Death perhaps to suffer- Judgment to undergo.
Old Salt
Yep.

Sancta Dei Genitrix Ora Pro Nobis.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:PM »

quote author=iona_scribe link=topic=3443838.msg33593863#msg33593863 date=1316123008]

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.

Haha, true.  But I'd love for him to mention the "just a pastoral council" thing some time.  I think most of his viewership isn't aware of the distinction.  Only a year and a half ago I came from a "VII is the best thing since sliced bread" parish.
[/quote]Most people that glorify VII have no idea what the documents really say.

Don't forget to pray for the dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Jump to: