Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 17, 2014, 06:44:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Want to reconcile with rome what does a non catholic clergy do.  (Read 888 times)
Fr.Deacon S

« on: March 20, 2012, 02:01:PM »

As a Catholic priest who was ordained in a valid non roman church, i have decided that i was wrong about papal supremacy and the filioque. I have decided to return to the roman church but do not know how. The local parish priest asked why would i even want to give up my priesthood in the old catholic tradition which has gotten too liberal for me. I am not sure what to do, but i feel as if every time i celebrate mass i sin.

working in the vineyard
Parmandur

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:09:PM »

As a Catholic priest who was ordained in a valid non roman church, i have decided that i was wrong about papal supremacy and the filioque. I have decided to return to the roman church but do not know how. The local parish priest asked why would i even want to give up my priesthood in the old catholic tradition which has gotten too liberal for me. I am not sure what to do, but i feel as if every time i celebrate mass i sin.

Well, that's because every time you celebrate Mass you sin, as you know it is wrong in your conscience.  If the most local priest resists you, go to another or to the Bishop.  Good luck!

SaintRafael

Personality type: Nervous Melancholic, with an abundance of black bile.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:21:PM »

Go to the FSSP or ICK. They can help you.
Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:18:PM »

Deo Gratias and prayers for your conversion process.
joe17

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:31:PM »

Thanks be to God that you have received such a grace.  If you care to, pm me.  I will pray for your embracing of the Catholic faith.

Joe

per_passionem_eius

Personality type: sanguine / dogged

Fortitudo et laetitia

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 06:48:PM »

I can't help you with your question, I'm afraid, but I wonder if you'd help me understand something. I'm sorry to try you with my ignorance, which is not intentional or deliberate. I don't know what you mean by being a Catholic priest who was ordained in a valid non Roman church. From that I thought you meant perhaps you're a priest in the Eastern rite, but then you went on to say you are only just now accepting papal infallibility, or supremacy, as you said, and the filioque. Are you an Orthodox priest? But you say you're already Catholic. Thank you for any information.

Be good.
Gerard
Banned for disrespecting the Holy Father, snarkiness, and rad-traddy negativism

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:58:PM »

I can't help you with your question, I'm afraid, but I wonder if you'd help me understand something. I'm sorry to try you with my ignorance, which is not intentional or deliberate. I don't know what you mean by being a Catholic priest who was ordained in a valid non Roman church. From that I thought you meant perhaps you're a priest in the Eastern rite, but then you went on to say you are only just now accepting papal infallibility, or supremacy, as you said, and the filioque. Are you an Orthodox priest? But you say you're already Catholic. Thank you for any information.

I took it to mean he's part of the "Old Catholic" Church.  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11235b.htm  His orders would be valid.  The Anglicans who would get ordained by Old Catholic bishops called it "getting the Dutch Touch." 
per_passionem_eius

Fortitudo et laetitia

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:14:PM »

Wow. Deo Gratias for a new Catholic! Do we Catholics call the priests of the Old Catholic church Father?

Be good.
Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:PM »

Wow. Deo Gratias for a new Catholic! Do we Catholics call the priests of the Old Catholic church Father?

We do not have to, but some people do out of respect for their orders, but lack of jurisdiction, heresy, schism, and irregularity do not make it them okay.
per_passionem_eius

Fortitudo et laetitia

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:53:PM »

In any case, it's a great blessing to convert. Congratulations, Father! I will remember you in my rosary today.

Be good.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: