Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 18, 2014, 12:10:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Low-gluten Hosts  (Read 426 times)
LoyalVIews

Personality type: Alright

It was supposed to be LoyalViews but whatever

« on: April 19, 2012, 11:39:PM »

So, some people have coeliacs disease, which means they cannot under any circumstances eat or in some cases come in contact (depending on how sensitive one is) with gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, triticale and such.

So, many people with this disease do not receive Our Lord when they attend Mass, and just stay in the pew. However, there are now low-almost-gluten-free-hosts available. Could these be used in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass?

Spooky

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:49:PM »

As long as the low-gluten hosts are made from wheat and water there shouldn't be a problem. At one NO I saw ppl place their special low-gluten hosts on the altar for Father to Consecrate with the others, obviously by prearrangement.

i think it can be arranged with the priest beforehand to receive some of the Precious Blood? I remember reading about how it would be done at a TLM but can't remember where or what the details were.

Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:16:AM »

i think it can be arranged with the priest beforehand to receive some of the Precious Blood? I remember reading about how it would be done at a TLM but can't remember where or what the details were.

This is true. I made a thread about it.
Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:17:AM »

See this:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3448253.0.html
Spooky

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:AM »

This is true. I made a thread about it.

that's probably where I read it!  Grin

Pages: [1]

Jump to: