Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 13, 2014, 08:28:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church)  (Read 1817 times)
salus

« on: May 09, 2012, 07:30:PM »

Putting aside the issue of DESIRE for the Sacrament, why is it nobody ever preaches this Dogma, warning the world they must enter the Church to survive just as Noah and his family had to enter the Ark to survive. Isn't preaching the necessity of the Church as the means of Salvation vital to Catholic missionary life and the New Evangelization. The Bishops never mention this Dogma if one does it is to "explain" it away.
Vetus Ordo

Personality type: Sinner

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:42:PM »

"Why?"

Because they don't believe in it.

"THE LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 26:1)

"And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." — Clement, bishop of Rome

"I love truth," says he, "and not sects. I am sometimes a peripatetic, a stoic, or an academician, and often none of them; but—always a Christian. To philosophise is to love wisdom; and the true wisdom is Jesus Christ. Let us read the historians, the poets, and the philosophers; but let us have in our hearts the gospel of Jesus Christ, in which alone is perfect wisdom and perfect happiness." — Petrarch
UnamSanctam
"I believe, O Lord. Help my unbelief."

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:16:PM »

I agree salus. The modernist church has done everything in its power to destroy the necessity of Catholic Faith, of Baptism, and of Christ. Once it had done away with these necessities, there was no need to further scatter the flock. By maliciously acknowledging the salvific power of non-baptism, non-catholic, and non-Christ, all that those anti-truth movements and creeds stand for is given the okay. Likewise, all that the church teaches as revealed truth is rejected in favor of moral relativism. Therefrom fall the dominoes of our maze of apostasy.

I hope to have done my part in some way, by creating several videos on the EENS subject. I need to do more of course.
salus

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:19:PM »

It seems to be dumb to worry what mass is used when you don't believe in the necessity of the Catholic Church. If that dogma is undermined, ignored or explained away all other teachings are irrelevant.
Norbert
Member..

Personality type: Choleric

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:22:PM »

Has it EVER been believed that it is a NECESSITY (and btw, I'm using that like it's a real thing, eg, an absolute) to be Visibly catholic to go to heaven? 

And yeah,  Entertained and Safe

salus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 08:26:PM »

The Church was always compared to the Ark of Noah meaning you had to be in it to be saved, many old catechisms used this example.
UnamSanctam
"I believe, O Lord. Help my unbelief."

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 08:35:PM »

Yes Norbert, it has. Because, as Christ manifested God visibly, so salvation for all must be wrought by visible sacraments, in the visible communion of Christs visible body of people.

"Hence they err in a matter of divine truth, who imagine the Church to be invisible, intangible, a something merely "pneumatological" as they say, by which many Christian communities, though they differ from each other in their profession of faith, are united by an invisible bond. "
Jerome28712

Personality type: Caustic, sarcastic, brutally honest to a fault at times.

Preaux Life EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 02:40:AM »

Real simple-
                        The Christ, Jesus, established ONE Church.
                        The Christ, Jesus, established ONE priesthood.
                        The Christ, Jesus, established ONE way of salvation.

If those outside the Church refuse to believe after they have been told and shown, May the Lord have Mercy on them.            Pray
If those outside the Church refuse to follow Church teaching in all areas of life, May the Lord have Mercy on them.            Pray
If those outside the Church refuse to co-operate in salvation and lead other into error, May the Lord have Mercy on them.           Pray

As for me and my House---We are working on it daily and praying for our fellow man...all men are in our prayer.      Pray Pray

Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ.

When we don't preach the Lord Jesus, we preach the devil and worldliness is of the devil.

III%er - - Oathkeeper - - Viet Nam Veteran - - I am the Militant Infidel that the Islamist Imam has warned his "flock" about.  I take no prisoners after their example and their unholy book.  May God have mercy on them for I cannot.
Vincentius
Gold Fish

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:23:AM »

Putting aside the issue of DESIRE for the Sacrament, why is it nobody ever preaches this Dogma, warning the world they must enter the Church to survive just as Noah and his family had to enter the Ark to survive. Isn't preaching the necessity of the Church as the means of Salvation vital to Catholic missionary life and the New Evangelization. The Bishops never mention this Dogma if one does it is to "explain" it away.

The main and principal purpose of the Church is the salvation of souls.  Salus extra Ecclesiam non est (no salvation outside the Church) was expressed in such terms by St. Cyprian (the first to state and declare this axiom).  Vatican ii taught this also (Lumen Gentium 14) and interprets this to mean that "all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body."  [Catechism of the Catholic Church 846-848, 851]

However, it appears that the core body of Church prelates and clergy have adapted the more sensible tenet of ecumenism which is the thumb rule now affecting Catholic teaching.  If and when EENS is brought up, as we have seen in these pages, an agitated disputable dialog arises that eventually leads to Lumen Gentium 8 and the confusion of the phrase susbsistit in is again overblown.  It is not confusing for us who adhere to the traditional doctrine that salvation is the Church and no other.  Ask any bishop or priest to explain what is the essence of EENS and invariably you get a confabulation exposition of who are those outside the Church who are or can be saved.   The CCC does teach that the Catholic Church is "the universal sacrament of salvation" (CCC 774–776), and states: "The Church in this world is the sacrament of salvation, the sign and the instrument of the communion of God and men" (CCC 780).

But how many misunderstand the nature of this teaching?   And then of course this leads to the discussion of the three Baptisms, and another contention contra the Feeney doctrine of water baptism only is salvific.  "Of the doctrine of baptisms" (Hebrews 6:2), St. Thomas Aquinas says the gloss uses the plural, because there is Baptism of Water, of Repentance, and of Blood."   Of course, there are a myriad of those who do not accept it. 

Then we are back to square one.

http://www.alcazar.net

Anything we do without offering it to God, is wasted.” -- St. John Vianney, The Curé of Ars

When next you hear some attack called an idle paradox, Ask after the dox.  Pursue the dox; persecute the dox. In short ask the dox whether it is orthodox.
---G.K. Chesterton, Daily News, October 28, 1911

God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?

In thee, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be confounded: deliver me in thy justice.

The world was to be saved by the preaching of the Cross and on the Eucharist, and not by human wisdom or eloquence
Stubborn

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:20:AM »

The Church was always compared to the Ark of Noah meaning you had to be in it to be saved, many old catechisms used this example.

"No salvation outside the Church" became "Some salvation outside the Church" because of the false belief that sincerity outside the Church is salvation within the Church.

"Our Lord showed His abundant mercy when He sent the great flood, think about all those souls who were saved outside the ark because they were begging God to have mercy on them as they were drowning." - sermon on EENS

There's no teaching that cannot be perverted.

It is the Mass that matters.

But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth. -Apocalypse  3:16
Pages: [1] 2 3

Jump to: