Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 23, 2014, 06:09:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Paul VI's mom's masonic tomb  (Read 6943 times)
Geremia

Personality type: choleric

« on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:PM »

As Bp. Fellay mentioned in his Dec. 28, 2012, conference, the mother of Paul VI, Mrs. Alghisi, is buried in a Masonic tomb in the cemetery Verolavecchia, near Brescia (Italy). Here's the photo evidence, courtesy of Don Villa's excellent, freely available Paul VI Beatified? (p. 152-153):

The Essence & Topicality of Thomism
Fr. Réginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P., explains why Thomism is the solution to the present crisis of Modernism in the Church.
(e-Book version)

Modernism
Sententiæ Deo blog
Aristotelian Thomism

Bitcoin tip jar address: 1JN5xEyVRg2UjF6C8d2KXYmeWZWD38Y17D
DoktorDespot

Personality type: Choleric

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:PM »

Its probably the mark of the stone masons who produced the thing.

" Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true! "
CatholicMatthew

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:PM »

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no fan of that particular Pope.  But what has how his mother was buried got to do with anything?  
SaintSebastian
E chiamamulu paisanu!

Personality type: phlegmatic

Primu a Diu e Sammastianu!

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:PM »

There was a famous renaissance architect,  Galasso Alghisi. I wonder if there is any relation.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:00:PM by SaintSebastian » Logged

Allan

Personality type: Never needed one

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:PM »

Those symbols are on a family tomb marker, not on the grave of Paul VI's mother.  Also, women cannot be Masons.  The worst conclusion that may be drawn is that male family members on the mother's side were, at some time in their history, perhaps involved with masonry.  That's it.  The tools pictured, some of which are also used in Masonry, are also nor arranged as normally would be the case in Masonic symbolism (e.g., compass points spread and down with overlapping square, points evenly upward and centered, etc.).

Anyone who thinks that this is some kind of conclusive evidence in and of itself that Paul VI was a Mason is delusional....

Remember, sometimes when you ask "WWJD?", the answer will be  "Knock over all the tables and trash the joint!"

“Nobody's perfect. Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him....”

Parmandur

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 03:58:PM »

Freemasons do not own a copyright on construction tools.

Tim
Tim

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 05:06:PM »

It'd be nice and I'm curious to see what else is on the tomb stone. I get curious when I see old stuff from near where my family came from. Old Verola is straight north approx. from Ne Liguria, where we emigrated from. It's also near where Pia has said she has family. There are a bunch of old burial grounds up there from the Etruscans, and those are always interesting.

tim
Dino

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 06:49:PM »

What's worse having his Mother buried in a Masonic tomb or giving away the Papal Tiara to the United Nations???

At La Salette, Our Lady spoke of an eclipse of the Church, as if the Church disappears, saying also that the Antichrist will reign in the place where you need to see the Vicar of Christ. Mystery. Great, great mystery. -His Excellency Bishop Fellay, Oct. 7, 2012
Someone1776
"The Derailer"

Neo-Candylander

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 07:02:PM »

What's worse having his Mother buried in a Masonic tomb or giving away the Papal Tiara to the United Nations???

Would Pope Benedict XV calling for the creation of the League of Nations be worse?

Also, Paul VI donated his papal tiara to the  Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. 

"Christianity lies in achieving greatness in the face of the world's hatred." - Saint Ignatius of Antioch
Geremia

Personality type: choleric

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:PM »

Anyone who thinks that this is some kind of conclusive evidence in and of itself that Paul VI was a Mason is delusional....
It's not the sole evidence. What matters more is that he tried implementing Masonic ideology into the Church.

The Essence & Topicality of Thomism
Fr. Réginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P., explains why Thomism is the solution to the present crisis of Modernism in the Church.
(e-Book version)

Modernism
Sententiæ Deo blog
Aristotelian Thomism

Bitcoin tip jar address: 1JN5xEyVRg2UjF6C8d2KXYmeWZWD38Y17D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jump to: