Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 25, 2014, 07:17:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Bible on the History channel  (Read 2852 times)
mikemac

Queen of Canada. Canada was consecrated in 1954.

« on: March 03, 2013, 09:37:PM »

The Bible on the History channel just started at 8:00 pm EST.  I think it's a 10 part series.  It's good so far.  God just destroyed Sodom.  It showed how the people of Sodom wanted to diddle God's righteous angels that were there to save Lot.

Mary, Queen of Canada       Occupation 101

The Michael Journal has an excellent online critique explaining Social Credit, a form of Distributism, appropriately titled "In This Age of Plenty"

GeorgeT

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:PM »

There was just a Catholics come home commercial aired during the broadcast. Good thinking.

Check out my lives of the saints comix!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html
mikemac

Queen of Canada. Canada was consecrated in 1954.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:PM »

Cool.  I missed it.  I've been muting the commercials.  It's pretty good so far eh GeorgeT.

Mary, Queen of Canada       Occupation 101

The Michael Journal has an excellent online critique explaining Social Credit, a form of Distributism, appropriately titled "In This Age of Plenty"

DoktorDespot

Personality type: Choleric

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:PM »

Honestly I've enjoyed the show so far. I think History deserves some credit for airing a series that portrays the events of the Bible pretty faithfully and doesn't attempt to discredit them. Also there was a pretty good ad for Catholics Come Home that talked about Christ instituting the papacy and the sacraments.

" Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true! "
Tim
Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:35:PM »

I'm watching it too ! The Catholic commercial was good too !  We're at the Exodus right now, I can't wait to see the Red Sea parted.

tim

StCeciliasGirl

Quo Primum ..ouch, right?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 10:38:PM »

I ...am just shocked at the liberties they took (from the get-go: Noah telling his "kids" what God delivered to Moses. It's plausible God said it Noah, as well, although very unlikely. As unlikely as it is that Noah is having to tell anybody anything since he'd spent an extraordinary number of years building the Ark and probably looking like a nut.)

And just after the botched sacrifice scene, they skip the 12 Tribes (to avoid controversy, probably) and Joseph and, well the rest of Genesis, and we go from Isaac to Moses as an adult, finding out he's not an Egyptian. (Loved how the Pharaoh was "American Good Dad").

LOL eh, it's good for laughs. They did do a good Sodom, and those AOTL (I used to call them "atols" because they're all through the OT) "Angels of the LORD" were pretty cool (one black, one Asian). I'm still just shocked they skipped the soap opera part (Isaac + Rebekah; Isaac's sons; and the whole selling Joseph to Israel. BIG. MISS.)

Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God.
Card. Bergoglio, 2010, same sex marriage

May Saint John Baptist protect Islam and all the people of Jordan, and all who partecipated in this celebration, a memorable celebration. I’m very grateful to all of you.
+ J M J +
WhollyRoaminCatholic
Excelsior!
Red Fish

Fisheaters is a strange place.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 10:59:PM »

I don't have cable and am not watching it. But a friend tweeted that he was annoyed they said that Sodom was destroyed for "fornication". The city wasn't called "fornium", he commented.

Nobody ever really leaves Fisheaters.
GeorgeT

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:22:AM »

Cool.  I missed it.  I've been muting the commercials.  It's pretty good so far eh GeorgeT.

Too busy to actually watch it, but I caught some glances. I'll probably not have a chance to sit down and watch it unless they stream it from their site or something.

Check out my lives of the saints comix!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html
LaramieHirsch
Gold Fish

Mornie utúlië.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:24:AM »

I wish tv events were somehow available on the internet.  I'm sure money could be made off of it.  Oh well. 

I guess I'll just have to wait until it's on YouTube by next year.

AntoniusMaximus
Anthony of Jersey

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:AM »

The production value is very good so far, acting seems ok, but I find the narrative very uneven and odd pacing (granted that Bible isn't very well paced either).  I have a feeling the New Testament material will probably be better.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Jump to: