Choose style:

Author Topic: I apologize  (Read 1627 times)

eduardo

• Del pueblo de Salta, no apartes tu amor
I apologize
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:48:AM »
Dear all,
yesterday, as soon as I realized that Card. Bergoglio would be our new Pope Francis, I wrote in this Forum some things against him (mainly, that he is against the TLM). Even though I don't live in Buenos Aires now, I've lived there for more than ten years and I've been in some of the Masses like the video somebody posted here (I used to be catechist in a Parish, and we usually went to the "Mass for kids") . But now, after a night of reflection and prayers, I realize that yesterday I was wrong (and, certainly, very confused). Pope Francis is now our Pope, the Holy Spirit is with him; Card. Bergoglio doesn´t exist any more. I want to apologize for my inopportune reaction.

Oremus pro Pontifice Nostro Francisco.

PD: One little thing that is completely truth is that he is a very humble man; he used to take the metro in Buenos Aires and he had nor driver neither cook.
Veritas liberabit vos.

Ursus

• Member..
Re: I apologize
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:AM »
Meh. Doubt anyone really minds, it's crazy times now. Popes retires, new pope in. We're all people and have emotions.

If he cleans out the evil it's all good. But time will tell.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:21:AM by Ursus »

catquilt

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:AM »
Meh. Doubt anyone really cares, it's crazy times now. Popes retires, new pope in.

If he cleans out the evil it's all good. But time will tell.

Amen.  :((
Lynne

+JMJ+

"They had to destroy the village in order to save the village"

Revixit

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 09:48:AM »
Dear all,
yesterday, as soon as I realized that Card. Bergoglio would be our new Pope Francis, I wrote in this Forum some things against him (mainly, that he is against the TLM). Even though I don't live in Buenos Aires now, I've lived there for more than ten years and I've been in some of the Masses like the video somebody posted here (I used to be catechist in a Parish, and we usually went to the "Mass for kids") . But now, after a night of reflection and prayers, I realize that yesterday I was wrong (and, certainly, very confused). Pope Francis is now our Pope, the Holy Spirit is with him; Card. Bergoglio doesn´t exist any more. I want to apologize for my inopportune reaction.

PD: One little thing that is completely truth is that he is a very humble man; he used to take the metro in Buenos Aires and he had nor driver neither cook.

It's courageous of you to apologize, and good to hear you confirm the humble life he lived as archbishop.  I also read that he would not live in the mansion that was meant to be the archbishop's residence.  I think this explains why he came out on the loggia wearing only a white cassock, didn't put on his stole until he was ready to give the blessing.  He was criticized for that by some here but I think it shows his belief in Franciscan humility and simplicity.  I don't think we'll see him in a tiara, either, but I think he will wear proper vestments for Mass.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.

Vita sine libris mors est.

PoohBear

• Agnus Dei, Misereré Nobis
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:53:AM »
Dear all,
yesterday, as soon as I realized that Card. Bergoglio would be our new Pope Francis, I wrote in this Forum some things against him (mainly, that he is against the TLM).
 I want to apologize for my inopportune reaction.

It seems the Holy Spirit has been at work in you already with regard to his Vicar.  I saw that post and resolved not to read any  more threads lest I absorb these negatives that puncture the almost supernatural joy I have experienced ever since this holy man was elected.  Yes, tears overflowing with joyful gratitude.  His simplicity and humility have deeply moved me with desires to "go and do likewise!"  I am so glad to see you have a changed heart, Eduardo.  Here's a particularly lovely photo of him kissing the foot of a young lad with HIV.  http://forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=10483393&postcount=12
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:55:AM by PoohBear »
Books are instructive in their own way, but they are a mighty poor substitute for life.

eduardo

• Del pueblo de Salta, no apartes tu amor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:AM »
Dear all,

It's courageous of you to apologize, and good to hear you confirm the humble life he lived as archbishop.  I also read that he would not live in the mansion that was meant to be the archbishop's residence.  I think this explains why he came out on the loggia wearing only a white cassock, didn't put on his stole until he was ready to give the blessing.  He was criticized for that by some here but I think it shows his belief in Franciscan humility and simplicity.  I don't think we'll see him in a tiara, either, but I think he will wear proper vestments for Mass.

Yes, that's true as well: he didn't live in the Episcopal Palace, but in an apartment with another old Priest.
 I've talked last night with a Priest from Buenos Aires who is a friend of mine. Even though he had several problems with Bergoglio when he was his archbishop, he encouraged me about Pope Francis. Nevertheless, he told me that he expect Guido Marini to be fired
Veritas liberabit vos.

Lateran15

• seeking dashi in the blighted Midwest
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:28:AM »
Spin Control.

Papist

• Truth, Justice, and the American Way
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 10:51:AM »
I think quite a few of us go worked up into a frenzy yesterday, myself included.
"The only-begotten Son of God, wanting us to be partakers of his divinity, assumed our human nature so that, having become man, he might make men gods." - St. Thomas Aquinas

Pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:AM »
I think quite a few of us go worked up into a frenzy yesterday, myself included.

It is the nature of the Tank.  Actually, it's the nature of the Internet in general.
"And so, Lord, do you, who do give understanding to faith, give me, so far as you knowest it to be profitable, to understand that you are as we believe; and that you are that which we believe." -- St. Anselm of Canterbury (1033-1109)

"But Christianity preaches an obviously unattractive idea, such as original sin; but when we wait for its results, they are pathos and brotherhood, and a thunder of laughter and pity; for only with original sin we can at once pity the beggar and distrust the king." -- G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."  Baudelaire and Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects

"I'm a practicing Catholic; I'm practicing until I get it right." Martin Sheen

Petertherock

• Greatest of all sinners
    • Darryl's Myspace Page
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:AM »

Same here...while we are apologizing, I also must apologize for my overreaction and negativity about our new Holy Father. There are some things that are very encouraging about Pope Francis I and for the other stuff...it's a wait and see what happens thing. the Holy Father needs our prayers and not our criticism right now.
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius