Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 23, 2014, 01:58:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Carnegie Mellon Student Tries to Make Some Point or Another  (Read 1186 times)
Vox Clamantis
Forum Owner

« on: April 30, 2013, 02:56:AM »

From CBS Pittsburgh:

CMU Parade Controversy Over Naked Woman, Dressed As Rabbi
April 29, 2013 11:24 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Students at Carnegie Mellon say it’s freedom of expression, but the Jewish Action League of Pittsburgh calls it inappropriate and disrespectful.

At an annual art school parade, a female student dressed up as a rabbi, and was naked from the waist down while she passed out condoms.

Even more, witnesses say the woman had shaved her pubic hair in the shape of the Star of David.

The Jewish Action League has asked CMU to take action.

“I think we all know that when we’re growing up we do stupid things but to cross over the line in this instance shouldn’t happen with anybody,” Rabbi David Zubik said.

CMU issued a statement, saying “We are continuing our review of the incident. If our community standards or laws were violated, we will take appropriate action.”

Some Carnegie Mellon students we talked with saw no need for discipline.

“It’s all in good fun and it’s not meant to harm anyone,” Ivy Kristov told KDKA’s Andy Sheehan.

Rabbi Zubik says the incident must be addressed.

“What I do want to have happen is for this person to learn an important lesson,” Zubik said.

The University encourages individual thought and artistic expression but the Action League believes this student not only crossed the line, but trampled all over it.

They are demanding some action.

Of course that wasn't the real story. The real story goes like this:

CMU Parade Controversy Over Naked Woman, Dressed As Pope
April 29, 2013 11:24 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Students at Carnegie Mellon say it’s freedom of expression, but the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh calls it inappropriate and disrespectful.

At an annual art school parade, a female student dressed up as the pope, and was naked from the waist down while she passed out condoms.

Even more, witnesses say the woman had shaved her pubic hair in the shape of a cross.

The Diocese has asked CMU to take action.

“I think we all know that when we’re growing up we do stupid things but to cross over the line in this instance shouldn’t happen with anybody,” Bishop David Zubik said.

CMU issued a statement, saying “We are continuing our review of the incident. If our community standards or laws were violated, we will take appropriate action.”

Some Carnegie Mellon students we talked with saw no need for discipline.

“It’s all in good fun and it’s not meant to harm anyone,” Ivy Kristov told KDKA’s Andy Sheehan.

Bishop Zubik says the incident must be addressed.

“What I do want to have happen is for this person to learn an important lesson,” Zubik said.

The University encourages individual thought and artistic expression but the Diocese believes this student not only crossed the line, but trampled all over it.

They are demanding some action.

Quote from: Vox
They are demanding action -- and, of course, won't get any. If it were the first story that was news, the girl would be charged with a hate crime, the campus would be shut down for a day or two so cops could sweep the area for "nazis," Dershowitz would be all over CNN, the SPLC would be soliciting even more funds, using the incident as an example of the hate out there, and so on. But it's just mockery of us Christians, so move along, folks; nothing to see here. Amiright? Of course I am.

I wonder what point she was trying to make by dressing up as the Pope to hand out condoms. Last I heard, the Church isn't sending Swiss Guards out to arrest people who use the things, and as far as the tired "the Pope is the cause of AIDS" schtick goes, the last I heard, most practicing homosexuals don't give a fig what the Pope says about anything and, so, aren't affected by what the Church teaches anyway -- besides which, the matter of condoms is much more nuanced that the typical person (Catholics included) thinks it is. Hint:  there is no ban on condoms per se. You can put latex on your penis all day and all night and no one cares. If you use it to prevent conception during the marital act, that's a different story. What two homosexuals do isn't open to life to begin with; their using condoms isn't an "additional sin." Without the condom, the sperm involved wouldn't have gone where it's supposed to go anyway. In other words, they've got much more to worry about than whether or not Mr. Happy is jacketed or not. And, frankly, if they're going to sin, they'd be better off doing it in such a way that doesn't spread disease, in the same way that if one is going to abuse drugs intravenously, it's smart to use clean needles. I can't see the controversy there, can you? It's just common sense. Survive so you can repent some day.

Anyway, if Miss Thang thinks that dressing up as the Pope and wandering around campus half-nekkid, with her pubic hair shaved to mock the very symbol of our salvation (may God forgive her) makes some sort of sense and will get a message across, whatever that message could possibly be (other than "Catholic baaaad" -- to be read in Phil Hartman's Frankenstein's voice), welll then, all I can say is "Isn't she kewl? She's just so 'irreverent' and 'edgy'! She knows how to 'push the envelope,' doesn't she?" She will go far in life. Sad to say.

Basilios

Ave Maria!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:AM »

This kind of thing makes me really sad rather than angry (though a bit of that too!). Why does a woman have to feel the need to do that? She's demeaning herself so much and she doesn't even know it. Our Blessed Lady weeps, and Our Lord is nailed again because of this kind of thing. How's this for satanic - using a perverted sexual ethics to pervert the symbol of our salvation in an effort to spread hate about God's Church. It's like the message of Fatima all wrapped up into one person. Sexual immorality, hate for the Cross and hate for Christ and His Church. And what kind of people just sit around and watch this kind of thing letting her do it? Absolutely sickening that nobody even bothered to cover her up or at least block her from children seeing her. I honestly cannot fathom how people can tell us as Catholics that we demean women when they go around naked like this abusing their sexuality for an evil end. This is art? This is sending a message? This is good? Poor girl needs a lesson in self-respect. She needs to learn that true beauty of purity and modesty. She needs to imitate the Blessed Virgin. It has to start with this, because she obviously hates herself at the moment. After curing her of the tainted and perverted 21st century sexual ethic, we can tell her God's plan for her soul and God's plan for all His children. In His kingdom there are many mansions!

Arg. And yeah, of course she'll get away with it. If she were protesting Islam she'd either be dead or in hiding, if she were protesting Judaism she'd be in court, but because it's Catholicism she's a hero and celebrated. Kyrie Eleison. Tarry not, O Lord. The world self-destructs!

This Jimmy Rustling post brought to you by WE ARE CHURCH.
Sponsored by 'Unrustling for Dummies'.

Please pray for me!
salus

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:PM »

Liberalism is a mental disorder explains it.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: