Choose style:

Author Topic: Pope Francis to drive used car...by himself.  (Read 2463 times)

Ursus

Re: Pope Francis to drive used car...by himself.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 02:53:PM »
The "Humility" Hotdogger strikes again — with another elaborate stunt that betrays the antithesis of humility

As part of his recently announced "the-Church-must-undress" program, I'm waiting for Francis to take his white cassock off when he visits Assisi, and start swanning around in a white clergy shirt.

Remember — you read it on FishEaters first!

It is sad. They'll probably end up spending more $$ on security to keep the stunt going,

StMichael929

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:PM »
I can see the headlines now:

"Pope pulled over for speeding".  "Pope in fender bender"

guacamole

• Red Fish
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:PM »
Orthodox bishops, normally, will never drive a car themselves.  I believe it is because of a canon that forbids a bishop from taking a life.
'if anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving god, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  if he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of god, who is our father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself untainted by the world.'  james 1:26-27.

'i may have utter faith, so that i can move mountains; yet if i lack charity, i count for nothing . . . i may give myself up to be burnt at the stake; if i lack charity, it goes for nothing. charity is patient, is kind; charity feels no envy; charity is never perverse or proud, never insolent; does not claim its rights, cannot be provoked, does not brood over an injury; takes no pleasure in wrongdoing.' 1 corinthians 13:2-6.

Chestertonian

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 03:53:PM »
Orthodox bishops, normally, will never drive a car themselves.  I believe it is because of a canon that forbids a bishop from taking a life.

aren't we all not supposed to take other peoples' lives?  While driving has its risks and dangers, getting into a car is not considered a life-and-death scenario, unless of course my wife is behind the wheel  :LOL:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Zea mays

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 04:00:PM »
I can see the headlines now:

"Pope pulled over for speeding".  "Pope in fender bender"

pope francis ticketed for blasting contemporary christian praise and worship music in violation of vatican noise ordinance.

guacamole

• Red Fish
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 04:01:PM »
aren't we all not supposed to take other peoples' lives?

Yes.  But it's super duper bad when a bishop does it.
'if anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving god, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  if he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of god, who is our father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself untainted by the world.'  james 1:26-27.

'i may have utter faith, so that i can move mountains; yet if i lack charity, i count for nothing . . . i may give myself up to be burnt at the stake; if i lack charity, it goes for nothing. charity is patient, is kind; charity feels no envy; charity is never perverse or proud, never insolent; does not claim its rights, cannot be provoked, does not brood over an injury; takes no pleasure in wrongdoing.' 1 corinthians 13:2-6.

Chestertonian

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 04:48:PM »
aren't we all not supposed to take other peoples' lives?

Yes.  But it's super duper bad when a bishop does it.

worse than when a priest or layperson does it?  I dunno.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

guacamole

• Red Fish
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 05:35:PM »
okay here's my problem with this whole thing.

i do NOT UNDERSTAND why pope francis does not take the damn bus like everyone ELSE.  WHY should he have his OWN CAR?

will someone please explain this to me?   ???

Melchior

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 05:59:PM »

i do NOT UNDERSTAND why pope francis does not take the damn bus like everyone ELSE.  WHY should he have his OWN CAR?

Do you say this to everyone who has a car, or just the Successor of St. Peter?
Visit my blog for a curious collection of apologetics, from the mind of the Vagrant Catholic.

guacamole

• Red Fish
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 06:01:PM »

Do you say this to everyone who has a car, or just the Successor of St. Peter?

He lives in the smallest flippin' country on earth.  Why does he need to drive anyway?  All he has to do is reach his arm out and he's there already, for GOODNESS SAKE.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:05:PM by guacamole »