Best place in the country (USA) for a Trad Catholic to live?

<< < (4/7) > >>

chrysostomosschola:
Greetings in Christ,   I am the Organist & Choirmaster of the aforementioned Saint Cecilia of Rome Church (recently renamed to Ss. Philomena and Cecilia Roman Catholic Church) in Oak Forest Indiana. Oak Forest is in between Batesville and Brookville in Southeastern Indiana.   The administrator of the Church is Fr. Gerard Saguto, FSSP.  The Church only offers the Traditional Latin Mass each day.  Sunday High Mass is at 10:30 AM.  If you would like more information on the Church, you may visit our webiste at www.stceciliaofrome.com, or you send me an e-mail off list.    Peace be with you.   Christopher M. Sedlak Organist & Choirmaster Ss. Philomena & Cecilia Roman Catholic Church Oak Forest, Indiana www.geocities.com/cmsedlak@sbcglobal.net    

kjvail:
Quote from: chrysostomosschola

Greetings in Christ, I  am the Organist & Choirmaster of the aforementioned Saint Cecilia  of Rome Church (recently renamed to Ss. Philomena and Cecilia Roman  Catholic Church) in Oak Forest Indiana. Oak Forest is in between  Batesville and Brookville in Southeastern Indiana. The  administrator of the Church is Fr. Gerard Saguto, FSSP. The Church only  offers the Traditional Latin Mass each day. Sunday High Mass is at  10:30 AM. If you would like more information on the Church, you may  visit our webiste at www.stceciliaofrome.com, or you send me an e-mail off list.   Peace be with you. Christopher M. Sedlak Organist & Choirmaster Ss. Philomena & Cecilia Roman Catholic Church Oak Forest, Indiana www.geocities.com/cmsedlak@sbcglobal.net

Wonderful! Some of us from Holy Rosary are taking a trip down there for mass one of these Sundays soon.

maryskey:
We are currently considering the Wausau, WI area. Why? It has St Mary's Oratory (http://www.institute-christ-king.org/wausau/index.html) with the Institute of Christ the King. It's similar in climate to Maine. It is similar in the cost of living to Maine, including housing costs. It's similar in job pay (my husband is self-employed as a drywaller). The homeschool laws are quite lax in WI, although I would prefer a *good* Catholic school which St Mary's doesn't have yet, but it's being looked into by the Oratory.   Maine is a spiritual wasteland (and far too liberal!) with the exception of the bones we're thrown in Newcastle (once a month) and Portland (Sundays and Holy Days..no Trad sacraments although they'll allow FHC's at the TLM).   We've looked in So. NH but the situation there (with the SBC) is not exactly ideal and too questionable for our personal spiritual taste. And unfortunately, even if they became regularized, it's just too darn expensive to live there! We do have relatives who moved there.  We've also looked at the Still River, MA area and they've got a good school, TLM, etc., but again, the cost of living is outrageous.   And we've looked into elsewhere but for a variety of reasons, right now Wausau tops our list.

thecolorandthenoise:
A big thank you to everyone that has posted so far. I'm going to have a  lot of fun learning about each of these communities. Do keep them  coming - I really appreciate it. God Bless. :)

gladius_veritatis:
It depends a little on one's present state - single (and maybe looking for a spouse) or married.   I know Cincinnati has many single trads, which is not the case in many of the other, otherwise fine places.   Numbers help, too, if you are seeking an actual life of social interaction (which some are, since their present location is 'dead' in this respect).  From what I recall in Cincinnati (over two years there), it was relatively easy to have frequent social interaction with many other trads - married and/or single.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page