Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 16, 2014, 04:10:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New forum for monarchists  (Read 4364 times)
royalcello
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:44:PM »

I was reflecting on some of the recent discussions here, and while I remain committed to the idea that monarchy is the form of government that it makes the most sense for Catholics to advocate, it is true that discussion of monarchy is not the main purpose of Vox's excellent site.

Therefore, I would like to announce the birth of a new forum which will be explicitly devoted to discussion of monarchy, the Monarchy Forum:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/royalcello

While traditional Catholics are most welcome, and may in fact end up comprising the majority of participants, this forum will not be explicitly Catholic.  Those of you here who do share my commitment to monarchism, please check it out and consider joining!  I hope to see you there.

While I have no intention of abandoning Fisheaters if this project is successful, perhaps I'll feel less of a need to annoy the non-monarchists here.  ;)
catholicresistence
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:PM »

Good for you Cello!!!!!

You may want to consider putting it under the prayers and blessing of Blessed Carl Hapsburg

---just a thought

miss_fluffy
Domina Frivola
Member..

Personality type: Phlegmatic Mastermind

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:04:PM »

Wanted to check it out.  But it says I need a username and password.  How do I get one?

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.– Buddha

Note: According to this precept, I find that Buddhism is NOT true.  I have tested and judged many things, and the only Truth I have found is in God's One True Church: The Catholic Church.

Dear Lord, I know I can live by Your Holy Will every moment of my life, because You have given me faith that Your Grace will enable me to.
royalcello
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:08:PM »

Register just like you did for this site---it should be the same.
miss_fluffy
Domina Frivola
Member..

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:12:PM »

The link provided has no option for registering.  Only for signing in.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.– Buddha

Note: According to this precept, I find that Buddhism is NOT true.  I have tested and judged many things, and the only Truth I have found is in God's One True Church: The Catholic Church.

Dear Lord, I know I can live by Your Holy Will every moment of my life, because You have given me faith that Your Grace will enable me to.

royalcello
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 02:18:PM »

Hmm, when I logged out I saw the "Register" link right next to "Log in."  Huh??
miss_fluffy
Domina Frivola
Member..

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 03:26:PM »

okay, weird.  I had to hit logout, then it took me to the forum where I had the register option? 

royalcello
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 03:31:PM »

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I'm using the same host as Fisheaters?
Marybonita

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:AM »

RC: I have a question that I hope is not too impertinent: Do you expect to modify your views on monarchy if you join the Roman Catholic Church?

I really do think that your protestant Anglican background seriously influences your views. They are less consistently Catholic than ours so therefore they are different. When Anglicans embrace Catholicism they change in many areas. It would be interesting as a matter of fact to hear from a convert from Anglicanism on this subject.

Anyone?

~In JMJ

It may interest you to know that one of the Saints to whom I consistently pray is Saint Margaret Clitherow.

Jesus, Mary, I love you, save souls!
royalcello
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 08:43:AM »

Quote from: Marybonita

RC: I have a question that I hope is not too impertinent: Do you expect to modify your views on monarchy if you join the Roman Catholic Church?

No, I don't see why I would have to, since I know traditional Catholics on this forum and elsewhere who agree with me.  I am convinced that my support of the British monarchy is compatible with Catholicism--and in fact obligatory for any Catholic living in Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the other countries of which the British monarch is head of state.

I really do think that your protestant Anglican background seriously influences your views.

What "protestant Anglican background"?  I have never been a Protestant or an Anglican or any other type of Christian.  I was brought up Unitarian Universalist but rejected that for a variety of reasons.  It is pretty clear to me that if Christianity is true, the Roman Catholic Church has to be the true church.  The obstacles to my conversion lie with Christianity and faith in general, not with the differences between Catholicism and Protestantism, regarding which I am already in the former camp.  Hope that clears things up.

Pages: [1] 2

Jump to: