Author Topic: Traditional family Threatened  (Read 3319 times)

catholicresistence

Traditional family Threatened
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:02:PM »

Vatican: Traditional Family Has Never Been So Threatened Church Issues Sweeping Condemnations POSTED: 9:26 am EDT June 6, 2006 VATICAN CITY

-- The Vatican issued a sweeping condemnation Tuesday of contraception, abortion, in-vitro fertilization and same-sex marriage, declaring that the traditional family has never been so threatened as in today's world. The document was issued by the Pontifical Council for the Family, whose head, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, is a strong opponent of the use of condoms under any circumstances.

However, the document did not mention an ongoing debate within the Vatican on whether the Roman Catholic Church could permit condoms to battle AIDS in a particular circumstance - when one partner in a marriage has the virus. It reaffirmed the famous 1968 encyclical "Humanae Vitae" that stated the Vatican's opposition to contraception.

Since then, it said, couples "have been limiting themselves to one, or maximum two children." "Never before in history has human procreation, and therefore the family, which is its natural place, been so threatened as in today's culture," said the 57-page document. It also condemned in-vitro fertilization, artificial insemination and the use of embryos. "The human being has the right to be generated, not produced, to come to life not in virtue of an artificial process but of a human act in the full sense of the term: the union between a man and a woman," the document said.

The document did not break any new ground but summarized traditional Vatican positions. Lopez Trujillo sparked controversy three years ago when he said condoms don't prevent AIDS and may help spread it because they create a false sense of security. The Vatican insists sexual abstinence is the only sure way to fight AIDS. Several other cardinals have argued that the use of a condom within a marriage would be the lesser of two evils if it prevents passing on HIV infection to the partner. The document made a broad attack on what it said were threats to the "the natural institution of marriage." "Couples made up of homosexuals claim similar rights to those reserved to husband and wife; they even claim the right to adoption.

Women who live a lesbian union claim similar rights, demanding laws which give them access to hetero fertilization or embryo implantation. Moreover it is claimed that the help of the law to form these unusual couples goes hand in hand with the help to divorce and repudiate," the document said. "Abortion and infanticide show the absence of efficient juridical protection for the conceived. Such practices in fact constitute a violation of the fundamental right to life which is the right of every human being from the moment of conception," it said.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

PinoyMonk

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:31:PM »
I like your copyright at the bottom.  =P

"I believe that Our Lord also has a punishment for wanton immodesty. It's traditionally called eternal damnation." -CruxFidelis

"In this difficult time, to be victorious, we must be steadfast using all of our strength and capabilities like brave soldiers fully armed in the battlefield ... Whatever happens, behave in such a way that God will be glorified." -Saint Andrew Kim

"Father of truth, behold Thy Son, who makes atoning sacrifice unto Thee. Accept the offering; He died for me that I might have life. Behold the offering! Accept it..." -Saint Charbel

catholicresistence

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:17:PM »

Quote from: PinoyMonk
I like your copyright at the bottom.  =P

Thought I better put it least some lawyer gets bent out of shape at Vox

BTW- I do miss the old langauge of the Church, to the point and clear. Example:

We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. Hence if anyone, which God forbid, should dare willfully to deny or to call into doubt that which we have defined, let him know that he has fallen away completely from the divine and Catholic Faith.

-Pope Pius XII, Munificentissimus Deus

spasiisochrani

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:26:PM »
Quote from: catholicresistence

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Has it occurred to you that this applies to you, and you're not supposed to post it here?

miss_fluffy

• Domina Frivola
  • Member..
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 05:34:PM »

Any one with legal know how know about that?  I thought it was okay to post articles as long as the source is given.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.– Buddha

Note: According to this precept, I find that Buddhism is NOT true.  I have tested and judged many things, and the only Truth I have found is in God's One True Church: The Catholic Church.

Dear Lord, I know I can live by Your Holy Will every moment of my life, because You have given me faith that Your Grace will enable me to.

Sophia

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 07:16:PM »
Quote from: catholicresistence

Thought I better put it least some lawyer gets bent out of shape at Vox

Better put the link to the original while you're at it.

Paul

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:43:PM »
Quote from: miss_fluffy
Any one with legal know how know about that?  I thought it was okay to post articles as long as the source is given.

That's probably worse, since you've just told them, "hey, I know it's copyrighted, and I'm republishing it anyway." It doesn't matter that you're not profiting from it, since it might still affect the market for the work. What does matter, at least in the US, is whether it qualifies as "fair use", which includes "criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research". It's even possible to quote the whole thing and it still be fair use. Of course, even if it is, that doesn't stop them from sending nasty letters or threatening to sue, so it's often cheaper to quit doing than having to pay the lawyers. But it's Vox's website, and she'd be the one sued, so she sets the rules.