Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 25, 2014, 09:44:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sermon of Fr. Cyprian, OSB  (Read 2316 times)
mortaliumanimos
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:21:PM »

This sermon was given on 2/19/06 a day after a monk made his perpetual vows at St. Isidore's in Colorado. 

http://tinyurl.com/fj2uv

For more audio:

http://audio.saintisidore.org/index.htm

kingstowngalway

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:31:PM »

Dear MortaliumAnimos,

I tried to open the links, but no such luck. BTW, I know the family of the monk who professed his final vows there. His brother and sister sing in the choir with me at the SSPX chapel here in Saint Cloud, MN. kingstowngalway

"If you know your enemy and also know yourself, your victory will never be in doubt. If you know Heaven and Earth, you can make your victory complete."
--Sun Tzu, "The Art of War."

"The shortness of man's life is the punishment for man's sin; and the fact that even on the very threshold of the light death constantly overtakes the new-born child proves that the times are continually sinking into deeper depravity."
--Saint Jerome, Confessor, Doctor of the Church, (d. 420).

"Oh, you and I are not of one faith, therefore I think that I should offend God if I should pray with you."
--Saint Luke Kirby, Priest and Martyr, (d. 1582) to a group of
Protestant ministers who had asked him to pray with them on his way to be hanged at Tyburn.
mortaliumanimos
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:41:PM »

Quote from: kingstowngalway

Dear MortaliumAnimos,

I tried to open the links, but no such luck. BTW, I know the family of the monk who professed his final vows there. His brother and sister sing in the choir with me at the SSPX chapel here in Saint Cloud, MN. kingstowngalway

Kingstowngalway,

Hmm...that is odd.  Try going here http://saintisidore.org/ then clicking on audio. You know I imagine that his parents did a wonderful job in fostering a religious vocation in their family.  Although he has left his family to follow Our Lord as a monk, the amount of graces being bestowed on them is surely enormous. Lord grant us many holy religious vocations!

Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:49:PM »

Fr. Leith's sermons are awesome, he reminded my father of Fr. Gavin Bitzer. 

20 + C + M + B + 08
Indianaolitana

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:23:PM »

Interesting you mention Fr. Bitzer. I have attended Masses that he has offered. He gives excellent sermons. In fact I have a few of his sermons and a talk he gave on a book by Bishop Hayes on cassette tapes around here somewhere. Has anyone else had any expierence with Fr. Bitzer? Who by the way I think is a fine priest indeed.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum!

Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:35:PM »

Did you visit the priory there?

20 + C + M + B + 08
Indianaolitana

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:50:PM »

If you are referring to St. Joseph Chapel in Greenwood, IN, then yes, I have. The last I knew Fr  John O'Connor was the chaplain there with Fr Bitzer offering Mass occasionally. I don't believe the chapel is affiliated with the OSJ anymore however.

Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:PM »

Oh, how confused I was!  The priory is in Kentucky I believe. And by they way, I heard Fr. Bitzer and Fr. Wathen separated ties.

20 + C + M + B + 08
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:57:PM »

Although I don't agree with Fr. Bitzer regarding EENS he indeed is a very bright and holy Priest.

20 + C + M + B + 08
Indianaolitana

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 12:06:AM »

I am certainly aware of Fr. Bitzer's views on EENS (that is what his talk on Bp. Hayes book is in regard to, interesting lecture with a few good points but I don't agree over all). You confirm what I suspected, that he holds a view similar to Fr. Feeney. I, for one do not hold to Fr. Feeney's view on EENS. Nonetheless, I  have much admiration and respect for him. I believe he was with the SSPX at one time as well.

Pages: [1]

Jump to: