Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 25, 2014, 09:02:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kerry recieves communion at Arch. Wuerl's Installation  (Read 1563 times)
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« on: June 27, 2006, 10:44:PM »

A New Sheriff's in Town

Donald W. Wuerl greets representatives of the Archdiocese of Washington, in the presence of members of the American Catholic hierarchyShortly after Pope Benedict XVI was elected by the College of Cardinals, the Archbishop of Washington, Theodore Cardinal McCarrick, sent his letter of retirement to the Vatican. This is something that bishops are required to do when they turn 75, and the Pope accepted the resignation and soon nominated a successor. The Bishop of Pittsburgh, Donald W. Wuerl, was appointed to be the new leader of the Roman Catholic archdiocese of Washington last month. Yesterday, the new archbishop was officially installed in that office during a Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Secretary of Veterans Affairs R. James Nicholson, Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, and Senators John Kerry and Edward Kennedy were in attendance, and the Post covered it in some detail, even noting that Sen. Kerry received communion.

National Shrine Choir (blue) and St. Matthew's Cathedral Choir (red), in the east chancel gallery, National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, June 22, 2006I had a bird's eye view of the event, because I was singing with the choir of the National Shrine yesterday for this marathon service. The pictures here were taken from the upper church's east chancel gallery, where the Shrine Choir joined with members of the choir of St. Matthew's Cathedral, which is the archbishop's official episcopal seat, and a brass ensemble. As you can see in the top picture, the ceremony was witnessed by a large portion of the American Catholic hierarchy, including several but not all of the American cardinals, a gaggle of bishops and archbishops, and even some leaders from the Orthodox community. If you are not Catholic (and even if you are), this event may not mean anything to you. However, past archbishops of Washington have been influential figures, both with the political leadership of the city and that of the federal government. Also, they have great hats.

Cardinal McCarrick was, from the moment of his appointment in 2001, one of the most media-savvy yet plain-spoken bishops in the American church. He once showed up at a Mass with a film crew tailing him in the sacristy, to make a documentary about his work in Washington. He traveled often, always concerned about people around the world. (A friend of mine joked that his official episcopal portrait should have shown him waving from an airplane window.) Modeling himself on Pope John Paul II, he worked hard at mastering other languages, especially Spanish, which he used to reach out notably to Washington's Hispanic community. There was rarely a Mass he celebrated during which he did not give a "second homily," a short address in Spanish before the final blessing. Is It a coincidence that the Latin Mass at the National Shrine was replaced with a Spanish Mass during his tenure? (Apparently, he will be devoting part of his retirement to learning Arabic.) There is no telling yet how our new archbishop will be different. At his installation Mass, there were prayers spoken in several different languages, but no second homily in Spanish, although he does speak some Spanish. All signs seem to indicate that Wuerl is a more reserved and less chummy pastor than McCarrick was.

Archbishop Wuerl will celebrate the 10 a.m. Mass at St. Matthew's Cathedral this Sunday. On Monday, he will go to Rome to receive his archiepiscopal pallium, the band of office worn around the neck and shoulders.

20 + C + M + B + 08
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 10:47:PM »

All in the (same apostate) Family! "Papal Nuncio" gives "Communion" to John Kerry
John Kerry and Newchurch Archbishops
In "perfect communion": Pro-abortion Senator John Kerry (D-MA, left midground, the darling of baby killers everywhere, receives Novus Ordo "communion" at the installation of "Archbishop" Donald Wuerl (center foreground) as head of the pseudo-Catholic church for Washington, DC. Doing the "honors" for Kerry is none other than "Archbishop" Pietro Sambi (right), who passes as the United States "papal nuncio" for Benedict XVI. (Fr. Sambi, as befits his service for Rabbi Ratzinger, formerly held the same post in Israel.) The spin doctors at Fr. Sambi's office were quick to label the occurrence a "mistake," a claim readily accepted by conservative Novus Ordo types, yet this official version still leaves an unsavory either-or situation to be reckoned with: Either "Abp." Sambi was unfamiliar with those on the installation guest list who were or weren't eligible to receive the "host" and hence was morally obliged to defer to "Abp." Wuerl or another Conciliar cleric present who did know Kerry, thus placing the onus on someone else, someone qualified to make such a call (at least from the standpoint of knowing the reputation of the man seeking "communion" was that of a public sinner), or Sambi, having held his post in Washington since Dec. 2005, was familiar with Kerry and elected to administer the "sacrament" anyway. A third possibility was that he simply didn't care who was getting "communion," which is not an uncommon policy in the Novus Ordo (if a person comes up, he must have a "need"). Of course, none of this would be an issue if real and decent members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy had been involved, because John Kerry would long ago have been excommunicated and they wouldn't dare to participate in his sacrilege by administering to him unworthily the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ present in the Blessed Sacrament. (From NOwatch)

20 + C + M + B + 08
CampeadorShin

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 03:53:PM »

Someone needs to get grabbed by the shoulders and shaken.  All the while yelling at Kerry and the guy who gave him communion, "Why are you giving this anti life, Freemason communion!?"

SINCE OCTOBER 26TH, I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO POST OR SEND PM'S.  I CAN RECIEVE PM'S BUT CAN'T REPLY.

WHY?  NO ONE HAS TOLD ME.
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 04:02:PM »

Quote from: CampeadorShin
Someone needs to get grabbed by the shoulders and shaken.  All the while yelling at Kerry and the guy who gave him communion, "Why are you giving this anti life, Freemason communion!?"

The man who gave Kerry communion is the papal nuncio to the US "Archbishop" Pietro Sambi.

20 + C + M + B + 08
catholicresistence
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 04:16:PM »

Quote from: Ourladyofconsolation06

The man who gave Kerry communion is the papal nuncio to the US "Archbishop" Pietro Sambi.

Not that I like this situaton at all, but your qoutes around communion, Archbishop, etc are real insulting. You are a Sede, hence you are nearer to a Prots in your attacks on the Faith then you realize in your own fantasy world, where goblins are behind every door, except-what?-yours alone?

We all on this site know the problems and shortcomings, I just tire of the sarcasm I encounter from you Sede's, it is largely the same mindless, angry and vindictiveness of fundamentalists Prots I have been fighting against for yrs now. You claim to hold to Tradition, but alas, how far you have really drifted the opposite wayjust as far out as the modernists liberals, different direction.

Please, don't waste yours or my time with counter "arguements"-I don't have enough malox for it.

Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 04:18:PM »

Not that I like this situaton at all, but your qoutes around communion, Archbishop, etc are real insulting

Chill out, if you read my post again you will see that I said it was from novusordowatch.org

All in the (same apostate) Family! "Papal Nuncio" gives "Communion" to John Kerry
John Kerry and Newchurch Archbishops
In "perfect communion": Pro-abortion Senator John Kerry (D-MA, left midground, the darling of baby killers everywhere, receives Novus Ordo "communion" at the installation of "Archbishop" Donald Wuerl (center foreground) as head of the pseudo-Catholic church for Washington, DC. Doing the "honors" for Kerry is none other than "Archbishop" Pietro Sambi (right), who passes as the United States "papal nuncio" for Benedict XVI. (Fr. Sambi, as befits his service for Rabbi Ratzinger, formerly held the same post in Israel.) The spin doctors at Fr. Sambi's office were quick to label the occurrence a "mistake," a claim readily accepted by conservative Novus Ordo types, yet this official version still leaves an unsavory either-or situation to be reckoned with: Either "Abp." Sambi was unfamiliar with those on the installation guest list who were or weren't eligible to receive the "host" and hence was morally obliged to defer to "Abp." Wuerl or another Conciliar cleric present who did know Kerry, thus placing the onus on someone else, someone qualified to make such a call (at least from the standpoint of knowing the reputation of the man seeking "communion" was that of a public sinner), or Sambi, having held his post in Washington since Dec. 2005, was familiar with Kerry and elected to administer the "sacrament" anyway. A third possibility was that he simply didn't care who was getting "communion," which is not an uncommon policy in the Novus Ordo (if a person comes up, he must have a "need"). Of course, none of this would be an issue if real and decent members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy had been involved, because John Kerry would long ago have been excommunicated and they wouldn't dare to participate in his sacrilege by administering to him unworthily the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ present in the Blessed Sacrament. (From NOwatch)

20 + C + M + B + 08
catholicresistence
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 04:20:PM »

Since you, on all your posts, have the link-you are, what? An observer only??

I am cool as cucumber, just hate to think how the Sacred Heart is stabbed by both sides of Bizarro World.

IF the views are not yours, ok-fine. But, you do have this groups link on all your post, rather implicit endorsement, no?

Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:24:PM »

Quote from: catholicresistence

Since you, on all your posts, have the link-you are, what? An observer only??

I am cool as cucumber, just hate to think how the Sacred Heart is stabbed by both sides of Bizarro World.

IF the views are not yours, ok-fine. But, you do have this groups link on all your post, rather implicit endorsement, no?

I don't agree with everything on the site but it does have some good information. But I don't go around taking stabs at people in the NO just to get a little kick out of life. I wouldn't have included the text from NO watch had I been able to post the picture alone but for some reason it didn't work right.

20 + C + M + B + 08
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 04:25:PM »

John Kerry and Newchurch ArchbishopsSee

20 + C + M + B + 08
TradCathYouth
The Sword That Smites Evil

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 11:02:PM »

We need to make more reparation...and Wuerl is no better of a replacement than McCarrick. Both are manifest modernists who probably wouldn't know heresy even if it was staring them in their faces (except the "heresy" of Traditional Catholicism and all pre-VII things).

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, pray for us! 

Pages: [1]

Jump to: