Choose style:

Author Topic: Padre Pio saying Holy Mass  (Read 3758 times)

Ourladyofconsolation06

• Veritatem facientes
    in caritate
Padre Pio saying Holy Mass
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:14:PM »
20 + C + M + B + 08

Ourladyofconsolation06

• Veritatem facientes
    in caritate
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:21:PM »

This is the first time I've seen St. Pio in a motion picture. This was filmed towards the end of his life and you can see how he struggles at the end to give the last blessing. Also, if you look close real close you can see a red glow around St. Pio during the consecration.

20 + C + M + B + 08

Clarkthepapist

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:59:PM »
What type of program plays a .ram file?

lumengentleman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:01:AM »

RealAudio player.  www.real.com

Nice video.  What kind of hybrid Mass is the saint celebrating here?

And rather off subject, Ourladyofconsolation, but you're sedevacantist, aren't you? (just judging from the sites listed in your sig) ... doesn't that mean you'd have to reject St. Pio's sainthood, since he was canonized by an anti-pope?

AdoramusTeChriste

• Dances with Chopper
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:11:AM »
Quote from: lumengentleman

Nice video.  What kind of hybrid Mass is the saint celebrating here?

Wondering the same thing...

TRAD UP!!!
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
To listen to the hymn- http://fisheaters.com/forumpix/adoramustechriste.html

"I am convinced that the crisis of the church which we are living through today was largely caused by the disintegration of the liturgy."              
- The former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger

"Their cold stares remind me of the neo-cons that just sign up to FE - they are fish, but they are dead." ~ Marty

marykaty

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 12:26:AM »

Padre Pio was persecuted much during his lifetime, in the end for his adherence to the Tridentine Mass.  In his last years he was given permission to offer one Mass exclusively---I think it was the Mass for Our Lady on Saturdays---as his vision was impaired.  We have a retired priest, Fr. Marchofsky, living in the SSPX priory in Oregon.  He is blind, and has one Mass memorized and uses it exclusively, when he is able to offer Mass.

I didn't look at this video yet, so I guess I shouldn't comment.  I do have a VHS tape giving an overview of Padre Pio's life, but maybe he was saying some hybrid in this online thing.  (My younger son gets upset with me when I download a player or anything, without his knowledge.  That sounds terrible, but he's the one who is called on to fix my computer mistakes!)

Mary

thecolorandthenoise

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 12:45:AM »
Quote from: marykaty

(My younger son gets upset with me when I download a player or anything, without his knowledge.  That sounds terrible, but he's the one who is called on to fix my computer mistakes!)

Nah, that doesn't sound terrible at all... he's just trying to keep your computer free of spyware/adware/ etc. which Real Player is notorious for.

HMiS

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 03:32:AM »

This is his Last public Mass. He was forced by the Capuchin friars to use the "new" people's altar table under the argument, that that was what Rome wanted and that it was better in that instance because Padre Pio were sick and too weak to go up and down the altar steps, but he continued to use the 1962 Tridentine Missal (you can see he holds his finger tips together and bows deeply when consecrating and before and afterward [he could not kneel anymore], according to the traditional Roman Rite rubrics of old) though they did read lectures in Italian. Quite sad end for such a great saint. The was still the Old Mass, but on a "new altar" for one time. That was taped by the friars. They used it to Novus Ordoize all. But the Novus Ordo Missae only came a year after the death of Padre Pio. You can also hear from the response of the "Sed libera nos a malo", that it's the Tridentine Mass.

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.

Liza_Do_A_Lot

• No excuses! Easy organising for large families.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 04:46:AM »
How beautiful!

http://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/

"If you don't ask, you don't get" - personal motto of mine. (never be too afraid to ask...they can only say no.   :)

Paul

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 11:58:AM »
Quote from: lumengentleman

Nice video.  What kind of hybrid Mass is the saint celebrating here?

I haven't watched the video, but it could be the 1965 Missal, which is still generally traditional, but with the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar and Last Gospel omitted, "Corpus Christi" said to the communicants, the Prayers of the Faithful, and parts said in the vernacular.