Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 19, 2014, 12:51:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Are the Knights of Columbus Freemasons?  (Read 31043 times)
CampeadorShin

« on: August 28, 2006, 11:09:AM »

An article I read recently made this claim.  It even said that both groups take turns hosting gatherings.  A friend of mine told me not to join them because they sponsor interreligious worship events too.

SINCE OCTOBER 26TH, I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO POST OR SEND PM'S.  I CAN RECIEVE PM'S BUT CAN'T REPLY.

WHY?  NO ONE HAS TOLD ME.
GrumpyTroll
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:15:AM »

A hasty Google search gives many answers.
lumengentleman

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:17:AM »

Quote from: CampeadorShin
An article I read recently made this claim.  It even said that both groups take turns hosting gatherings.  A friend of mine told me not to join them because they sponsor interreligious worship events too.

I don't know what they've become since their founding, but I know that originally they were founded precisely as an antidote to Freemasonry; Catholic men at the time were joining the Freemasons because they wanted the social outlet of belonging to a "men's club," but obviously, the Church prohibited Catholics from being Freemasons.  Fr. McGivney founded the KofC to give Catholic men that outlet, and their reason for existence was to provide financial support to local Catholic families that had fallen on hard times.  They would do things like fund a young boy's expenses so that he could go to seminary, or help out widows in the parishes, etc.

Who knows what they've become since then?  Of course, if you ask the wacky conspiracy theorists, they'll tell you that the Knights are just another arm of the Jesuits, who are involved in all sorts of subversive plots and the like.

lumengentleman

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:19:AM »

Forgot to add ... the fact that the Knights were founded as a Catholic alternative to Freemasonry means that there will a lot of parallels and external similarities between the two groups.  They both exist as clubs for men, primarily engaged in humanitarian activities, with various "degrees" and ranks which involve "secret" ceremonies and the like.

I accidentally stumbled into a KofC ceremony once, where some members were professing the 1st degree; they had a guard at the door who made it quite clear that I was not welcome to hang around and observe.  Whatever.

Clarkthepapist

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 11:33:AM »

The knights don't qualify as a truly secert society because any Catholic priest or Bishop is allowed to attend the "secert" ceremonies from what I gather.

liliaagri

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:AM »

My best friend's dad used to be in the Knights of Columbus and at a ceremony where he was being promoted he made a speech and mentioned Christ's name. Everyone there was horrified and later somebody said to him, "Don't you know better than to say 'Christ' to room full of Masons?" Needless to say, he never went back.

"Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat
I`m alright, I`m alright
I ain`t gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Someday I`m gonna be free..."
CampeadorShin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 12:32:PM »

I know that the Knights of Columbus started as a way to counter Freemasonry.  I even read that they sent money to the Cristeros.

The Freemasons keep a guard at the door with a Masonic sword, you're saying at KoC meetings something similar is done?

Charles Coulombe wrote the article I read that accused the Knights of Freemasonry:

http://www.cheetah.net/%7Eccoulomb/confessions.html

SINCE OCTOBER 26TH, I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO POST OR SEND PM'S.  I CAN RECIEVE PM'S BUT CAN'T REPLY.

royalcello
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:43:PM »

First of all, Charles's "Confessions" is written in a rather satirical and tongue-in-cheek manner.  It is a response of sorts to accusations against himself, not an attempt to level serious conspiratorial accusations against other individuals or organizations.

That said, the Knights of Columbus were instrumental in rallying American Catholics behind Wilson's intervention in World War I, which toppled the Catholic Austro-Hungarian monarchy, so their activities have at least in that case furthered the Masonic agenda.

CampeadorShin

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 12:48:PM »

Hmm, President Woodrow Wilson is the same one that sent money and weapons to the Freemasons in Mexico.

thecolorandthenoise
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 12:55:PM »

Quote from: liliaagri

My best friend's dad used to be in the Knights of Columbus and at a ceremony where he was being promoted he made a speech and mentioned Christ's name. Everyone there was horrified and later somebody said to him, "Don't you know better than to say 'Christ' to room full of Masons?" Needless to say, he never went back.

Yikes!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Jump to: