Choose style:

Author Topic: How do I cite the CCC?  (Read 8341 times)

CounterRevolutionary

• Est. 1789
How do I cite the CCC?
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:46:PM »
How do I cite the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

MLA Citations....

"For, if this expression (of universal bishop) is suffered to be allowably used, the honour of all patriarchs is denied: and while he that is called Universal perishes per chance in his error, no bishop will be found to have remained in a state of truth."
 -Pope St. Gregory the Great

"For no one of us has set himself up to be bishop of bishops, or attempted with tyrannical dread to force his colleagues to obedience to him, since every bishop has, for the license of liberty and power, his own will, and as he cannot be judged by another, so neither can he judge another."
-St. Cyprian of Carthage

"Well let us suppose that those bishops who decided the case at Rome were not good judges, there still remained a plenary Council of the universal Church, in which these judges themselves might be put on their defense; so that, if they were convicted of a mistake their decisions might be reversed." 
-St. Augustine

Spooky7272

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:43:PM »
Usually CCC then the paragraph number: CCC 1849

QuisUtDeus

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:45:PM »

There are MLA guides on the net.  In general, you'd want to cite by paragraph as Spooky suggests, but if you are using a specific copy, you can cite by page number.

For the full reference, you'd need translator, etc., since the main text is in Latin.

Clare

• Dumb Blonde
  • Ask dad; he knows.
    • Ignis Ardens Traditional Catholic Forum
How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 06:00:PM »

What does MLA mean?

Clare.

QuisUtDeus

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:38:PM »

Modern Language Association.

In academic papers, there are specific style guidelines.  The prof / instructor usually picks one of the standard formats.

MLA is one of the stock formats.   The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers is their standard reference.

More than you ever wanted to know (seriously) is here: 

http://www.mla.org/

Clare

• Dumb Blonde
  • Ask dad; he knows.
    • Ignis Ardens Traditional Catholic Forum
How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:19:PM »

Thanks QuisUtDeus!

Clare.

DominusTecum

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:PM »

Citation Machine! (find it here: http://www.citationmachine.net/) All you do is plug in all the info from your book, and it'll give you the proper format for textual citations and the citation for your bibliography/works cited page. I don't see any reason why you couldn't just put in the info from whatever English copy of the CCC you have...

Master_P

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 12:11:PM »

Citation Machine! (find it here: http://www.citationmachine.net/) All you do is plug in all the info from your book, and it'll give you the proper format for textual citations and the citation for your bibliography/works cited page.

Sweet! I wish I had known about this site before. Thanks Dominus Tecum!

Merci, Monseigneur

papistperson

How do I cite the CCC?
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:46:PM »

You also may do well to cite which edition you are citing from, as you know the second edition just came out recently.

Oh, that's right- you guys would have known that already right?