Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 25, 2014, 04:34:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Future that Never Was  (Read 1663 times)
VoxClamantis
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:AM »

Ack! From the blog "Paleo-Future: A Look into the Future that Never Was" comes this series, described thus:
In 1993 AT&T produced a fourteen minute video called Connections: AT&T's Vision of the Future. It looks like it had quite a large budget but I can't figure out who the audience was for such a video. It has a similar feel to AT&T's "You Will" TV commercials which were also produced in 1993.
To me, what are more interesting than the technology envisioned are the acting, the fashions, and the general dairy-ness of it all! There is so much cheese here, I can't stop watching LOL Parts 4 and 6 are the best, man... In the latter, we get to see what shopping for a bridal gown should have looked like by now...
nicollette
Herbarious Wantabeus

Personality type: I'm an input. Just give me a book.

Herb Nerd Extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:39:AM »

wow, that was a blast from the past.  Did anyone notice that the fashions of the early '90's were the same fashions of the future?  Wow!

And to quote a comment from the site:
Anonymous said...
video #2 "we have adequate city housing."  Aha a future in which cities have adequate city housing is more absurd that everything else combined.

The soul is a breath of living spirit, that with excellent sensitivity, permeates the entire body to give it life. Just so, the breath of the air makes the earth fruitful. Thus the air is the soul of the earth, moistening it, greening it.

~ St. Hildegard Von Bingen
Pages: [1]

Jump to: