Author Topic: Light in Guadalupe?  (Read 2952 times)

JLeigh

Light in Guadalupe?
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:52:AM »

From Spirit Daily. I confess I know nothing about Spirit Daily, or whether or not it is a credible source.

STRANGE LIGHT CLAIMED IN GUADALUPE IMAGE AFTER MEXICO CITY OKAYED ABORTION

ImageAn apparent communique from Dr. Jean-Pierre Dickès, president of the Catholic Association for Doctors, Nurses and Health Professionals, reports what may have been an unusual luminosity in the famed image of Mary at the Shrine of Guadalupe in Mexico City immediately after that city legalized abortion.

The event is said to have occurred on April 24 -- the day legislators okayed termination of the unborn up to twelve weeks. However, the similarity to photos taken in 1999 by an American raises questions that require further investigation for authenticity and a check of dates.

"At the end of the Mass, which was offered for the aborted children, the assistant of the Basilica was asking herself what the Most Holy Virgin of Guadalupe was demanding of her," reported Father Luis Matos, superior of  La Communauté des Béatitudes. 

"While many of the faithful were taking photographs of the [tilma] of Tepeyac, exposed and venerated in the Basilica and at the foot of which the crowd of pilgrims filed past on a moving carpet, the image of the Virgin began to erase itself, to give place to an intense light which emanated from her abdomen, constituting a brilliant halo having the form of an embryo. With a centering and an important enlargement it is possible to appreciate the position of the light which truly comes from the stomach of the Holy Virgin and is not a reflection, nor an artifact."

We offer it for your discernment.

The image materialized on the cactus or "agave" cloak of a Mexican peasant in 1531 and was responsible for the conversion of twelve million Indians. It is now largely used as a symbol of "pro-life" causes in the Americas because Mary appears pregnant in the image, which has been proven miraculous. 

Image"An engineer, Luis Girault, who has studied the picture thus produced, has confirmed the authenticity of the negative, and has been able to specify that it had not been either modified nor altered, by superimposition of another image for example," stated the priest. "He discovered that the image (the picture produced) does not come from any reflection, but literally comes from the inside of the image of the Virgin. The produced light is very white, pure and intense, different from habitual photographic lights produced by flashes. This light is encircled with a halo and appears to float inside the abdomen of the Virgin. This halo has the form and measurements of an embryo. In effect if we again examine more precisely this picture by making it turn in a sagittal plan, we perceive inside the halo some areas of shade that have the characteristics of a human embryo in the maternal womb."

CounterRevolutionary

• Est. 1789
Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:31:AM »

Whoa.

"For, if this expression (of universal bishop) is suffered to be allowably used, the honour of all patriarchs is denied: and while he that is called Universal perishes per chance in his error, no bishop will be found to have remained in a state of truth."
 -Pope St. Gregory the Great

"For no one of us has set himself up to be bishop of bishops, or attempted with tyrannical dread to force his colleagues to obedience to him, since every bishop has, for the license of liberty and power, his own will, and as he cannot be judged by another, so neither can he judge another."
-St. Cyprian of Carthage

"Well let us suppose that those bishops who decided the case at Rome were not good judges, there still remained a plenary Council of the universal Church, in which these judges themselves might be put on their defense; so that, if they were convicted of a mistake their decisions might be reversed." 
-St. Augustine

KnightOfTheImmaculata

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:41:AM »
Oh man.
"We never give more honour to Jesus than when we honour his Mother, and we honour her simply and solely to honour him all the more perfectly. We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek - Jesus, her Son."  -Saint Louis Marie de Montfort

batteddy2

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 06:29:PM »
Pray for Mexico and her unborn.

Deidre

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 06:42:PM »

“I will never abandon you, my child. My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.”
-Our Lady of Fatima to Lucia

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God."
- St. Jean-Baptiste Marie Vianney

Marty

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 01:07:AM »
Gee.
Indeed we must pray not only for the unborn, but for Mexico as well.

PaxVobiscum

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 02:42:AM »
I love Our Lady of Guadalupe and hope others are interested in all this information I've written.  :smile:

The image on the tilma is rich in symbolism; I've read a lot about it in the past and think it's fascinating.  Here is some of what I've read:  The black belt that is tied above Our Lady's waist in this image is an Aztec symbol of pregnancy.  Her cloak shows the exact constellations that were present in the sky when Jesus was born and her dress has a flower symbolizing something (motherhood?  Jesus?) directly over her pregnant abdomen.  Her eyes show reflections of people which were not discovered until a photographer noticed them in 1929.

Of course many people think the tilma is just a painted image but I doubt that an artist working in 1531 would have known enough to paint reflections in the eyes.  Ophthalmologists have studied them and say they conform to the normal curvature of the eye and that the eyes look like those of a living person when examined with an opthalmoscope.  I have read that the cherubs and what looks like a crescent moon under her feet were painted on to the original image at some later date.

Our Lady gave her name as  "coatlaxopeuh" when speaking to Juan Diego's sick uncle.  The Aztec word sounds very much like the Spanish word Guadalupe but means "crushes the serpent."  There is a painting of her crushing a huge serpent with the cherub holding the crescent moon shape under her feet.  I'm not sure if the "moon" is supposed to be part of the serpent or what, looking at a small image online. There are various devils all around the serpent and angels flying around the sky.  

Besides the Aztec name meaning "crushing the serpent, the name Guadalupe was already associated with Our Lady  because of "the miraculous statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe, that was given by Pope Gregory the Great to the Bishop of Seville, Spain, was lost for 600 years and was found in 1326 by a cowherd named Gil Cordero guided by an apparition of Our Lady.  This statue was named Guadalupe for the village located near the place of discovery."  So Our Lady of Guadalupe was already a title of the Blessed Virgin long before her appearance in Mexico.

One of the eyes of OLG  has the images of what are supposed to be Juan Diego displaying the tilma, the bishop, and two other men; these look pretty fuzzy.  The other eye has the image of a family including a woman carrying a baby on her back.  It looks clearer because the faces are flesh-colored, which I suppose was an addition made to the photo by hand tinting. I don't think color film was available in the Fifties. I think there may be clearer photos of the images but I'm just looking at an old favorite site, which is

http://www.sancta.org

One more thing: the place where she appeared the Juan Diego is supposed to be the exact center of the Americas, i.e., where a line of latitude running through the exact center of the two continents intersects with a line of longitude running through the exact center of two continents.  The Basilica where the tilma is kept was built there.

I don't know anything about "Spirit Daily," either, but I did a search on Dr. Jean-Pierre Dickes and found several references to him and also clicked on the link at "Spirit Daily"

http://www.acimps.org/content/view/88/2/

and it is what it claims to be: a site for the (French) Catholic Association of Doctors, Nurses and Health Professional.  The article there is en francais, naturellement, and shows another photo that gives a closer view of the area of light.  

I'd love to know if the previous appearance of this embryo-shaped light correlated with some abortion decision.  OLG IS the Patroness of both North and South America, not just of Mexico so if it's a genuine sign, it may relate to something on either continent and since she's also the Patroness of the Unborn, it seems likely to be related to abortion.  

Kal

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 04:01:AM »

Wow

Ger

Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 04:11:AM »

Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared in Mexico as the pregnant Mother of God to Saint Juan Diego, a Chicemeca Indian, on December 9, 10 and 12, 1531. She left a Miraculous Image of her appearance on his cactus fiber cloak, or "tilma", which still exists today for all to see in the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City. 

Our Lady came to offer faith, hope and consolation to the oppressed natives of Mexico and to reconcile then with their Spanish rulers.  She put an end to the bloody human sacrifice of the Aztecs and converted nine million natives in the next nine years!

After the conquest, the Spanish rule of the natives was so severe that a bloody revolt was imminent.  Bishop Zummaraga prayed for Our Lady to intervene to prevent an uprising, to reconcile the Spanish and the natives and to bring peace.  It is believed that he asked that he would receive roses native to his homeland of Castile Spain as a sign that his prayer would be answered.

On December 9, 1531, Our Lady appeared to Saint Juan Diego who was a recently  converted Catholic.  She asked him to go to the Bishop and request him to build a church for her on the barren hill of Tepeyac that is now part of Mexico City.  Our Lady wanted to show her merciful love to all of her children.  The prudent Bishop asked Juan to ask the Lady for a sign.  Juan did so and Our Lady promised to give him the sign.

On December 12, Our Lady again appeared to Juan on Tepeyac Hill and told him to pick the Castilian roses which miraculously appeared there and bring them to the Bishop as a sign for him to believe her request.  Juan gathered the roses into his tilma and brought them to the Bishop.

Juan opened the tilma to show them and, to everyone's astonishment, the Image of Our Lady appeared on it.  The Bishop then built the church as Our Lady had requested and nine million natives were converted and baptized to the one, true faith within the next nine years.  Human sacrifice ended in Mexico forever.  Our Lady of Guadalupe, which means Crusher of the stone serpent, brought the light of the true faith, crushed the false gods of Mexico and established an era of peace.

The Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe as a Pictograph

The Image of Our Lady is actually an Aztec Pictograph which was read and understood quickly by the Aztec Indians. 

1.    THE LADY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SUN
            She was greater than the dreaded Huitzilopochtli, their
            sun-god of war.

2.    HER FOOT RESTED ON THE CRESCENT
            MOON 
            She had clearly crushed Quetzalcoatl,
            the feathered serpent moon-god.                          

3.   THE STARS STREWN ACROSS THE MANTLE
           She was greater than the stars of heaven which             they worshipped.  She was a virgin and the Queen of the heavens for Virgo rests over her womb and the northern crown upon her head. She appeared on December 12, 1531 and the stars that she wore are the constellations of
the stars that appeared in the sky that day!

4.         THE BLUE‑GREEN HUE OF HER MANTLE
            She was a Queen because she wears the color of royalty.

5.         THE BLACK CROSS ON THE BROOCH AT HER NECK
            Her God was that of the Spanish Missionaries, Jesus Christ her son who died
            on the cross for all mankind.

6.         THE BLACK BELT
            She was with child because she wore the Aztec Maternity Belt.

7.         THE FOUR PETAL FLOWER OVER THE WOMB
            She was the Mother of God because the flower was a special symbol of 
            life, movement and deity-the center of the universe.

8.         HER HANDS ARE JOINED IN PRAYER
            She was not God but clearly there was one greater than Her and she
            pointed her finger to the cross on her brooch.

9.         THE DESIGN ON HER ROSE COLORED GARMENT
            She is the Queen of the Earth because she is wearing a contour map of
            Mexico telling the Indians exactly where the apparition took place.

The Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Science

1.         The image to this date, cannot be explained by science.

2.         The image shows no sign of deterioration after 450 years!
            The tilma or cloak of Saint Juan Diego on which the image of Our Lady has
             been imprinted, is a coarse fabric made from the threads of the maguey
             cactus. This fiber disintegrates within 20-60 years! 

3.         There is no under sketch, no sizing and no protective over-varnish on the
             image.

4.         Microscopic examination revealed that there were no brush strokes.

5.         The image seems to increase in size and change colors due to an unknown
            property of the surface and substance of which it is made.

6.         According to Kodak of Mexico, the image is smooth and feels like a     
            modern day photograph.  (Produced 300 years before the invention of
            photography.)

7.         The image has consistently defied exact reproduction, whether by brush or
            camera.

8.         Several images can be seen reflected in the eyes of the Virgin. It is  
            believed to be the images of Juan Diego, Bishop Juan de Zummaraga, Juan  
            Gonzales, the interpreter and others.

9.         The distortion and place of the images are identical to what is produced in
            the normal eye which is impossible to obtain on a flat surface.

10.       The stars on Our Lady's Mantle coincide with the constellations in the sky on
            December 12, 1531. All who have scientifically examined the image of Our
            Lady over the centuries confess that its properties are absolutely unique
            and so inexplicable in human terms that the image can only be supernatural!

Ger & Stephen, Makers of Fine Little People since 1983
'Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that, now.' Bob Dylan

AgnusDei1989

• Musimaniac
Light in Guadalupe?
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 06:54:PM »

Thanks for that post, Ger! I love all the explanations! What can I say but "Cantate Domino canticum novum, quia mirabilia fecit!"

Verbis defectis, musica incipit.

"Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven." -- Walter Savage Landor