Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 24, 2014, 01:43:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Society of Traditional Roman Catholics  (Read 2491 times)
JesusFreak84
I h4x0r j00! (Not really...)

Personality type: Neurotic. A shrink could have a field day with me.

Papist Pest

« on: December 19, 2007, 07:01:PM »

I ran a search and did not find a thread related to this, so I apologize if I missed it and am digging up something I should not.  I also apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum.

A (somewhat) distant relative is a member of the Society of Traditional Roman Catholis: http://strc.org/  She put us on their mailing list, so we get their newsletter, though it is viewable online.  I was just wondering if anyone else here was at all familiar with this group and if you had any thoughts.  What I've read seems to be is that they could make the most conservative member of the SSPX look moderate, but they're not sede at all.  For example, they do not think women should be allowed to sing as cantors or in a schola or anything else, and I've seen SSPX Masses on YouTube where women were in the choir.  :p

So yeah, thoughts?  Anyone ever personally attend one of their Masses or anything?  Just curious.

http://www.twitter.com/jesusfreak84
htttp://www.plurk.com/jesusfreak84

My MSN and Skype are the same as my AIM name in the profile.  PM me if you're on YIM and wish to bother me.  :p  (Actually, PM me period before contacting me outside of Fisheaters so I know who you are and don't knee-jerk block you.)
Ourladyofconsolation06
Veritatem facientes
in caritate

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:09:PM »

The STRC is most defiantly sedevacantist. It is run by Sedevacantist Priest Fr. Kevin Vaillancourt. It puts out a rabidly sedevacantist periodical called "The Catholic Voice" which contains many articles that condemn Pope Benedict and call into question the new rites of ordination and episcopal consecration. DO NOT READ IT!

20 + C + M + B + 08
neel
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:11:AM »

Quote from: Ourladyofconsolation06
DO NOT READ IT!

Or read it and weep.
JesusFreak84

Papist Pest

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:12:AM »

Quote from: neel
Quote from: Ourladyofconsolation06
DO NOT READ IT!

Or read it and weep.

I read it and giggle hysterically.

My MSN and Skype are the same as my AIM name in the profile.  PM me if you're on YIM and wish to bother me.  :p  (Actually, PM me period before contacting me outside of Fisheaters so I know who you are and don't knee-jerk block you.)
Robb

Personality type: melancholic/sanguine

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:25:AM »

They send me their newsletter every month (and I didn't even subscribe to it).  They are really of the wall with most of their articles.  However, I recently read that one of their founding members, [name deleted at the "dead" person's request - ha] died.  I have read some of his columns in the Angelus and thought that he attended St Anthony of Padua chapel in Mount Holly, NC (SSPX). I know that the Catholic Voice is Sede but one of their founding members was SSPX.

Bob
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:53:AM by Vox Clamantis » Logged

JesusFreak84

Papist Pest

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 02:08:AM »

Quote from: Robb
They send me their newsletter every month (and I didn't even subscribe to it).

They'll basically send their newsletter to anyone who's address they have, and thanks to aforementioned family member, they have our address.

PinoyMonk

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:AM »

Quote from: Robb
However, I recently read that one of their founding members, [name deleted at the "dead" person's request - ha]  died.

Um, where did you hear that report?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:54:AM by Vox Clamantis » Logged

"I believe that Our Lord also has a punishment for wanton immodesty. It's traditionally called eternal damnation." -CruxFidelis

"In this difficult time, to be victorious, we must be steadfast using all of our strength and capabilities like brave soldiers fully armed in the battlefield ... Whatever happens, behave in such a way that God will be glorified." -Saint Andrew Kim

"Father of truth, behold Thy Son, who makes atoning sacrifice unto Thee. Accept the offering; He died for me that I might have life. Behold the offering! Accept it..." -Saint Charbel
takeiteasy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:12:PM »

Quote from: JesusFreak84
I ran a search and did not find a thread related to this, so I apologize if I missed it and am digging up something I should not.  I also apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum.

A (somewhat) distant relative is a member of the Society of Traditional Roman Catholis: http://strc.org/  She put us on their mailing list, so we get their newsletter, though it is viewable online.  I was just wondering if anyone else here was at all familiar with this group and if you had any thoughts.  What I've read seems to be is that they could make the most conservative member of the SSPX look moderate, but they're not sede at all.  For example, they do not think women should be allowed to sing as cantors or in a schola or anything else, and I've seen SSPX Masses on YouTube where women were in the choir.  :p

So yeah, thoughts?  Anyone ever personally attend one of their Masses or anything?  Just curious.

Be very cautious if you wish to read materials from this group. They are not in line with the SSPX and they do not hold fast to Sedeplenism like the Society. If they are independent, you have to check who their priests are. Look into the bishops who ordained them, examine their beliefs, make sure they are part of the Church. I do know that they do not believe the Novus Ordo is a valid Catholic rite, so that alone means they are not aligned with the Society and cannot be in communion with them. Caution.
HMiS

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:PM »

They are sedevacantist definitely, and I believe Fr. Kevin Vaillancourt was ordained a Priest by Bishop Pivarunas (CMRI) from the succession of the controversial archbishop-emeritus of Hué, Pierre-Martin Ngô-dinh-Thuc.

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.
ServantofGuadalupe

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 06:38:PM »

Quote from: HMiS

They are sedevacantist definitely, and I believe Fr. Kevin Vaillancourt was ordained a Priest by Bishop Pivarunas (CMRI) from the succession of the controversial archbishop-emeritus of Hué, Pierre-Martin Ngô-dinh-Thuc.

The Thuc line is valid. I wrote to the Vatican, and they confirmed that. I no longer have the reply letter for exact wording....

Pages: [1] 2

Jump to: