Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 20, 2014, 10:32:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Precious Blood Devotion - Barnabas Nwoye  (Read 3122 times)
DustinsDad

« on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:AM »

A nice older fella a few weeks ago gave me this spiral bound book entitled "Devotion to the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ - (The Greatest Devotion of Our Time)".

From a quick once over, it looks like a devotion or movement or something based on some private revelations of a Barnabas Nwoye out of Nigeria.

Anyone here familiar and want to give me a heads up on this? It's been sitting on an end table and I haven't had time to research it or look into it, but I feel like I need to say something to the fella that passed it on to me, he was very enthusiastic.

Thanks,

DD

(Psalms 115:16) O Lord, for I am thy servant: I am thy servant, and the son of thy handmaid. Thou hast broken my bonds:

(cf Luke 1:38)  And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word.

(John 19:27) After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.

(Rev 12:17) And the dragon was angry against the woman: and went to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Robb

Personality type: melancholic/sanguine

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:PM »

My grandfathers cousin was a Sister Adorer of the Precious Blood.  The PB devotion dates back to medieval times (I think).  A religious order of men was founded in Europe in the 1830's (Missionaries of the Most Precious Blood) and an order of nuns in Quebec in the 1800s too (Sister Adorers).  The sisters are still kind of traditional from what I here.  But be weary of the men's order, they are Novus ordoized out of sight!

Bob

TheCub

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:12:PM »

Devotion to the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/era-of-peace/message/336

The Chaplet of the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/era-of-peace/message/337

God bless you and your families,

The Cub
Pages: [1]

Jump to: