thinkagain_728x90
Choose style:

Author Topic: heavy metal  (Read 7841 times)

SmellsAndBells

heavy metal
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2009, 06:21:PM »

I was a huge AC/DC fan way back when.  I think Hells Bells could be a warning about evil as much as it could be a glorification of it.  Anyway, not all heavy metal is what it appears to be.

BeateMariae

heavy metal
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:AM »
Iron Maiden for me. Been an avid fan since 1986. Saw them only once though, regrettably.

Watching Rock in Rio as we speak...Up the Irons!!

St. Joan of Arc, ora pro nobis.

didishroom

• Guten Morgen!
heavy metal
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2009, 09:47:AM »
I dunno.  You have Cyndi Lauper singing She-Bop which is about female masturbation
Now I never would have know that unless someone said so. I think it can a bit much when people go up to you and say," do you know what that song really means? Its sounds innocent but it's really about drugs and really debauched stuff."
Well thank you for destroying my innocence you tard.
"We're from Jersey. Not New Jersey, just Jersey.  We curse a lot. We say "yo" and we say it often. We sure as hell don't pump our own gas. We know what real pizza tastes like and we know that a bagel is much more than a roll wit a hole in the middle. We judge people by what exit they are off the parkway or by what mall they live closest to. We drive SUVs and we tailgate any chance we get.  All good nights must end in a diner, preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or a hero. and I wash it down with soda, not pop.  I have a dawg, and I drink cawfee.  ..and New York City, is "the city." We know 65 mph means 80 mph."-Anon

Foolish then, is he who departs from the Vicar of Christ Crucified, who has the keys of the Blood, or who goes against him . . . Even though the pope were satan incarnate himself, I may not lift up my head against him, but I must always humble myself, and beg for the Blood as a mercy, for in no other wise can I obtain a part of it -St. Catherine of Sienna.

If desire has equal power with actual Baptism, you would then be satisfied to desire Glory, as though that longing itself were Glory!-St. Gregory Nazianzen.

angelofmercy

heavy metal
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2009, 12:47:PM »
http://www.traditioninaction.org/bev/055bev7-6-2004.htm
has a pic of Satan with heavy metal.
catholic websites say this music is satanic.music can influence human mind and soul even if you don't understand it's language.heavy metal and rock give you feeling of rush and rebelion.

angelofmercy

heavy metal
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2009, 12:49:PM »

a happy music makes you feel happy even if the singer speaks in a language you don't know.in the same manner a satanic music can influence your mind.

LaRoza

heavy metal
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:PM »
Quote from: angelofmercy

Here is a picture of an Angel/God on a heavy metal album:

catholic websites say this music is satanic.

TIA says a lot of stuff. Also, only those who know can judge. Those who judge metal are usually the most ignorant. Not all metal is the same and it has as much diversity as any other genre, maybe more.

music can influence human mind and soul even if you don't understand it's language.

Some can.

heavy metal and rockĀ give you feeling of rush and rebelion.

Oh really? What about the forms of metal that are very slow?

didishroom

• Guten Morgen!
heavy metal
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:PM »
catholic websites say this music is satanic.music can influence human mind and soul even if you don't understand it's language.heavy metal and rock give you feeling of rush and rebelion.

I don't disagree that there is a lot of garbage out there in the music industry but I think condemning the entire genre itself is wrong. There are alot of songs that are heavy with nothing disagreeable in the lyrics.

I also have problems with the whole 'rush and rebellion' with the beat argument. I udnerstand that if that's all you listen to, you're going to be effected. However I also see no problem different music for different situations. For reverence and worship the music must be dignified, sacred and inspiring; for calm I would use Classical,soft Celtic and Folk Music. If you wanna have fun and need some beat when doing boring chores soft rock, pop and dance is good. But when I'm the gym I really like heavy percussions and Metal is perfect for that; some Hip Pop and Rap isn't bad, but I perfer it few and far between.   
"We're from Jersey. Not New Jersey, just Jersey.  We curse a lot. We say "yo" and we say it often. We sure as hell don't pump our own gas. We know what real pizza tastes like and we know that a bagel is much more than a roll wit a hole in the middle. We judge people by what exit they are off the parkway or by what mall they live closest to. We drive SUVs and we tailgate any chance we get.  All good nights must end in a diner, preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or a hero. and I wash it down with soda, not pop.  I have a dawg, and I drink cawfee.  ..and New York City, is "the city." We know 65 mph means 80 mph."-Anon

Foolish then, is he who departs from the Vicar of Christ Crucified, who has the keys of the Blood, or who goes against him . . . Even though the pope were satan incarnate himself, I may not lift up my head against him, but I must always humble myself, and beg for the Blood as a mercy, for in no other wise can I obtain a part of it -St. Catherine of Sienna.

If desire has equal power with actual Baptism, you would then be satisfied to desire Glory, as though that longing itself were Glory!-St. Gregory Nazianzen.

WhollyRoaminCatholic

• Excelsior!
  • Red Fish
  • Fisheaters is a strange place.
heavy metal
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2009, 01:04:PM »

Quote from: angelofmercy
http://www.traditioninaction.org/bev/055bev7-6-2004.htm

I hesitate to call TradtionInAction a Catholic website.

Nobody ever really leaves Fisheaters.

Donna

Re: heavy metal
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 12:45:AM »
That's what I'm talking about ~ squeal!!!!!!!!

[   . [/   .
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:47:AM by Donna »
Pictoral of Dylan & Kayla set to the audio of their wedding choir; music selections are the Agnus Dei and Benedictus from Antonio Bruckner's Missae in F and Mozart's 'O Sacrum Convivium'

Donna

Re: heavy metal
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:AM »
Asian Shower Dude is sort of anthemic, innit he?

[   . [/   .
Pictoral of Dylan & Kayla set to the audio of their wedding choir; music selections are the Agnus Dei and Benedictus from Antonio Bruckner's Missae in F and Mozart's 'O Sacrum Convivium'