Archives > Catholic News Archive VII

Maria Simma

<< < (3/6) > >>

AnimaChristi:
OK, I could accept that JFK, despite his rampant immorality, could have gone to heaven since he was Catholic and, if what you said is true, went to Confession shortly before his asassination.  I don't think Marilyn Monroe could have gone to heaven...she wasn't even Catholic, lived a very immoral and wicked life, and not only did she die of a drug overdose but it is generally accepted as having been a suicide.

CradleCatholic:
I have known of Maria Simma for a long time, and have read her book, personally I believe it. Her bishop believed. The other side can be frightening. The floor of hell is paved with the skulls of bishops.

It is believed Marylin Monroe was murdered by the CIA, as she was about to go public with her affairs with the Kennedy bros.

prince_caspian:

--- Quote from: " AnimaChristi" ---OK, I could accept that JFK, despite his rampant immorality, could have gone to heaven since he was Catholic and, if what you said is true, went to Confession shortly before his asassination.  I don't think Marilyn Monroe could have gone to heaven...she wasn't even Catholic, lived a very immoral and wicked life, and not only did she die of a drug overdose but it is generally accepted as having been a suicide.
--- End quote ---

That could be true in a way, but Maria Simma also related several instances in which people were saved despite the fact that they lived immoral and wicked lives. Why couldn't this be true for others? In the end, she says we are not to judge others, because our judgments can be very wrong.

StrictCatholicGirl:

--- Quote from: prince_caspian ---
--- Quote from: " AnimaChristi" ---OK, I could accept that JFK, despite his rampant immorality, could have gone to heaven since he was Catholic and, if what you said is true, went to Confession shortly before his asassination. I don't think Marilyn Monroe could have gone to heaven...she wasn't even Catholic, lived a very immoral and wicked life, and not only did she die of a drug overdose but it is generally accepted as having been a suicide.
--- End quote ---

That could be true in a way, but Maria Simma also related several instances in which people were saved despite the fact that they lived immoral and wicked lives. Why couldn't this be true for others? In the end, she says we are not to judge others, because our judgments can be very wrong.

--- End quote ---
Plus Maria Simma mentioned suicides, that many are due to mental illness. Marilyn Monroe had a history of mental illness and depression and was institutionalized several times, as was her mother.

- Lisa

maso:
She said JFK and Marylin were saved, yes, and Marshall Göring too. Why not? Saved doesn't mean they are in Heavens. She said that Pope Paul V (who visited her begging for prayers) is in Purgatory since 4 or 5 centuries.
Anyway we cannot judge by the appearances since God's Mercy doesn't work like we bellieve it works.
She said that humbleness is what moves the divine Mercy the best.
On the contrary, catholic born people may be more severely judged than the others because it will be required much to those who were given much.
I know that outside the RCC there is (almost) no salvation possible and I stand firm on this.
But if God wants to save even the other religion's worst sinners, that's His problem, not mine, and I don't care, because to say like Card. Tauran recently that all religions are equal, that is to reject the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross as useless for the salvation. We have much to pray for this poor Cardinal that he repents of this before passing away.

Maria Simma's testimonial much strenthened my faith since it slightly lifted the veil on God's mercy.

Regarding pope's assassination, a name immediately went to my mind, that of Card. Villot. He was very closely involved when JPI died and ordered with a suXXXXious haste to embalm his body. Does anyone know if he was suspected to be a freemason?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version