Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 18, 2014, 05:16:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Priest's first blessings  (Read 1938 times)
jonkknox

« on: October 12, 2008, 07:59:PM »

Today after Mass, I was able to receive the "first blessing" of Fr. Justin Nolan, one of the latest priests to be ordained for the FSSP. It was a beautiful moment, but I was wondering if anyone out there had the words of the blessing. Father had a lot of folks to bless, so he went kind of fast. Also, are there any indulgences attached to this?

Quid retríbuam Dómino pro ómnibus quæ retríbuit mihi?

http://testimonytotruth.blogspot.com
MagisterMusicae
Resident Contrarian

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:13:PM »

Benedictio Dei omnipotentis, + Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti descendat super vos et maneat semper. Amen.
(May the Blessing of almighty God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, come down over you and remain always. Amen.
)

From what I remember from an old manual, there is a partial indulgence for those who devoutly kiss the hands of a newly ordained priest and receive his first blessing. For relatives to the second or third degree the indulgence is plenary under the usual conditions.

For a long time the SSPX has often said that the indulgence was plenary for everyone. The older manual contradicted this, but it is possible that the indulgence was made plenary for all at some point.
jonkknox

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:55:AM »

Thanks!

Quid retríbuam Dómino pro ómnibus quæ retríbuit mihi?

http://testimonytotruth.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]

Jump to: