Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 24, 2014, 07:09:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I had a dream about Padre Pio last night  (Read 3184 times)
spera
I love you...or at least I'm trying to

Personality type: Melancholic/INFJ

Militant Optimist

« on: September 23, 2009, 08:34:AM »

It was me and him and my drama. I gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he told me it was better to kiss his hand.

There were all kinds of images of things I was scared about and worried about...but I felt safe because he was there. I had asked him to help me a few days ago...and I think he's really listening. I'm still processing it all...

Just wanted to share.  Smile

“When we allow abortion, we are punishing the women—who must abort their children because their men have run away- and we are punishing the children whose lives are terminated . . . I want us to step back a little bit and say: Why is this woman and this child threatened? Why is this woman threatening to terminate this life? What do we need to do as a society? What are we not doing right now as a society? A part of that answer lies in this House [pointing at the Kenyan Parliament building].”

Wangaari Maathai - Environmentalist, Feminist, Catholic & Nobel Prize Winner

HEALTHY VIEWING FOR YOUR HEART, MIND AND SOUL
FEELING TEMPTED ONLINE?.... Watch these In Case of Emergency!!!
www.familyland.tv
www.ewtn.com
www.saltandlighttv.org
StrictCatholicGirl
Gold Fish

Downton Addict

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:40:AM »

Nice. I had a dream about Padre Pio too - probably because his feast day is up.

"There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo
Baskerville

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:34:PM »

Thats awesome.
SmileBugMK

Personality type: Sanguine, ENFJ

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:01:PM »

The line about how it would be better to kiss his hand sounds very Padre Pio-ish.  I don't doubt it could have been really him.  Thanks for sharing.

I had a dream about Pope Benedict the other night giving my whole family a blessing.  I don't think it was really Pope Benedict because most of the dream was just mixed-up dreamland nonsense.

Adoremus in unum.  Adoremus in aeternum.
NonSumDignus

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:PM »

The line about how it would be better to kiss his hand sounds very Padre Pio-ish.  I don't doubt it could have been really him.  Thanks for sharing.

I had a dream about Pope Benedict the other night giving my whole family a blessing.  I don't think it was really Pope Benedict because most of the dream was just mixed-up dreamland nonsense.

I had a dream once I was attending a Mass said by Benedict XVI. However, mid-liturgy he started to levitate! And not just float, but his feet were in the air over his head, and Benedict's torso was still altar-high, saying Mass! In dreamland that wasn't a big deal though

Domine non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea

Iuvenalis
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Personality type: Picador

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 01:07:AM »

Wow, you folks have cool dreams.

I haven't remembered any dreams in years.

"It is questionable whether the proper functions of Catholics is to hunt down, "expose" and condemn Catholics they suspect of undue rigidity, disobedience or "material schism"; especially while giving support to a Vatican ecumenical campaign which addresses heretics and actual Schismatics as "separated brethren", Jews as "people of the covenant" and Muslims as "people of God". This is part of the overall contradiction (or inconsistency) that permeates the "conservative" mentality. Cloaked in a pledged loyalty to all things "whatsoever" emanating from the Holy See, many "conservatives" will go beyond the measures taken by the Church leaders, or even disagree with their actual positions. The Hawaii "excommunications" were an obvious example but others can be seen. "Conservatives" denounce as "Schismatic" all those who set foot in SSPX chapels while the Vatican embraces the Schismatics in China. "Conservatives" deny any significant change at the Second Vatican Council while the Pope celebrates the enormity and impact of the changes. "Conservatives" seek the conversion of the Eastern "Orthodox" while the Vatican promises not to "proselytize" them. "Conservatives" deride American bishops while the Pope appoints and promotes the same ones." -Peter Miller

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a depraved society When an immoral society has blatantly and proudly violated all the commandments, it insists upon one last virtue, tolerance for its immorality. It will not tolerate condemnation of its perversions. It creates a whole new world in which only the intolerant critic of intolerable evil is evil." -H. Gibson

(5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) ≠ 722,500
TradCathYouth
The Sword That Smites Evil

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 01:10:PM »

Wow, you folks have cool dreams.

I haven't remembered any dreams in years.

Same here. The ones I do remember are boring "ordinary" dreams.
Jacafamala
My mother, my confidence.
Gold Fish
Personality type: Auntie Mama

Discorso della luna.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 01:46:PM »

Could've been St. Pio St. Pio came to visit you.

He gets around powerful lot. St. Pio returned my Rosary yesterday, one that I lost in the parking lot at Walmart. And no one was with me. I musta looked through my purse and all around the car seat like about twenty times. Then later that day, there it was right in the pocket where I keep it in my purse. Seriously, I'm tellin' ya. Either that or I'm crazy, ha.

But did you fall asleep with EWTN on last night? They've had a lot on about St. Padre lately. Maybe you were listening in in your sleep.

I had a dream the night JPI died that he died... They were carrying him around St. Peter's in a long stretcher. He had his mitre on. "The Pope is dead!, the Pope is dead!", they were all saying.... Then when I came down for breakfast, my mother told me he really had died.  :o Then later that on day, I remembered I fell asleep that night with the radio on. Mystery solved.  LOL

rosamysticamantilla.com

Above all things, preserve constant charity among yourselves; charity draws the veil over a multitude of sins. -1 Peter
spera
I love you...or at least I'm trying to

Personality type: Melancholic/INFJ

Militant Optimist

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 01:57:PM »

Well, I was a little scared by the dream after some thought, because I had prayed to Padre Pio a few days before for some help. I just don't know if I should trust it...

I don't have EWTN or Salt & Light Television (I'm Canadian), although about a week before I think a friend did tell me that his feast day was coming. I only knew it was his feast day because I had read it in this thread. I'm hesitant to think it was him though, because I think I was in a state of mortal sin, and the demonic can use dreams as well. The subway has made me late for mass twice this week...like 20 minute delays and I am beleagured by sinful thoughts. It has been harder to get to confession...It's a bit much...I could go on about the dream, but I hesitate...

“When we allow abortion, we are punishing the women—who must abort their children because their men have run away- and we are punishing the children whose lives are terminated . . . I want us to step back a little bit and say: Why is this woman and this child threatened? Why is this woman threatening to terminate this life? What do we need to do as a society? What are we not doing right now as a society? A part of that answer lies in this House [pointing at the Kenyan Parliament building].”

Wangaari Maathai - Environmentalist, Feminist, Catholic & Nobel Prize Winner

HEALTHY VIEWING FOR YOUR HEART, MIND AND SOUL
FEELING TEMPTED ONLINE?.... Watch these In Case of Emergency!!!
www.familyland.tv
www.ewtn.com
www.saltandlighttv.org
Jacafamala
My mother, my confidence.
Gold Fish
Personality type: Auntie Mama

Discorso della luna.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 04:18:AM »

Well, I was a little scared by the dream after some thought, because I had prayed to Padre Pio a few days before for some help. I just don't know if I should trust it...

I don't have EWTN or Salt & Light Television (I'm Canadian), although about a week before I think a friend did tell me that his feast day was coming. I only knew it was his feast day because I had read it in this thread. I'm hesitant to think it was him though, because I think I was in a state of mortal sin, and the demonic can use dreams as well. The subway has made me late for mass twice this week...like 20 minute delays and I am beleagured by sinful thoughts. It has been harder to get to confession...It's a bit much...I could go on about the dream, but I hesitate...

The subway making you late for Mass doesn't put you in mortal sin. I wasn't sure if that was what you were thinking... If you have bad thoughts, sinful thoughts, just reject them as they come up. Don't dwell on them.  It's not even a sin to have bad thoughts if you reject them right way and don't dwell on them. Say a Hail Mary instead. Smile

Maybe it was the Padre, who knows?  Smile

rosamysticamantilla.com

Above all things, preserve constant charity among yourselves; charity draws the veil over a multitude of sins. -1 Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3

Jump to: