Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 23, 2014, 06:09:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is There A Patron Saint Of Getting Rid of Debt?  (Read 7880 times)
HailGilbert

« on: November 18, 2009, 12:44:AM »

Friends and neighbors,

This just occurred to me as I was getting ready to go to bed for the night.

Especially in these trouble economic times, do we know of any Saint or Blessed or Venerable who has helped souls to get out of huge amounts of debt? If there is such a "patron saint" of debt owners, have there been any successful stories of their intercession?

Thank you in advance to anyone with such information.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
mamalove
Baby Mama

Absolute truth must be unchangeable! St. Pius X

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:36:AM »

St John of the Cross
read "Ascent of Mount Carmel" (if you can...its very heady...its a book you can digest if you take it in small bites)

Crypto Lefebvreian drifter........
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat!
WhollyRoaminCatholic
Excelsior!
Red Fish

Fisheaters is a strange place.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:AM »

St. Matthew?

Nobody ever really leaves Fisheaters.
CollegeCatholic
Banned for snarking meanness, disrespect toward the Holy Father, twisting what others say in order to mock them, etc.

Personality type: ISTJ

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:51:AM »

St.Nick?
moneil
Red Fish

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:28:AM »

Several responses with  Huh?, hehe.  The interesting question intrigured me to run a google, with some different results, and here they are:

http://saints.sqpn.com/patrons-for-good-finances Infant Jesus of Prague

St. Matthew was listed by several sites, not only at the patron saint of tax collectors, bankers and accountants, but also as a patron saint for financial matters.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4389300/Workers-worried-in-recession-should-pray-to-patron-saint-of-bankers-says-Catholic-church.html

Saint Expeditus, Patron Saint of Procrastination and Money Issues, is one I had not been familiar with
http://catholic-saints.suite101.com/article.cfm/saint_expeditus

Several of the sites also recommended St. Jude, as the patron saint for difficult situations, and St. Joseph, as the patron saint for workers and employment issues.

ggreg
Banned for being an ass and bringing up old things that need not be brought up, even after she was told not to

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 04:36:AM »

Whoever it is, they might as well be the Patron saint of America at the same time.  Not to mention the UK as we are both in debt to our eyeballs.

St. Dephalt perhaps
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:37:AM by ggreg » Logged
Credo

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:AM »

Saint Obama, Patron of A Change We Can Believe In.

I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.
In nomine Patris

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:AM »

LOL
Beatissima Mariae

Personality type: Artisan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:20:AM »

+1

"As the Ancient Rite spreads its divine aroma and becomes more available throughout the diocese, it will prove to be a heavenly "leaven," more than capable of restoring beauty, dignity, reverence, sacredness, and truth to the celebration of all the sacraments."  - Father Michael Rodriguez
serviam

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:36:AM »

ROFL

In Essentials, unity; In non-essentials, liberty; In all things, Charity.
-St. Augustine

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, there’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino! 
- Hilaire Belloc
Pages: [1] 2

Jump to: