Author Topic: What Unitarian Universalists Believe  (Read 2008 times)

Credo

What Unitarian Universalists Believe
« on: July 18, 2010, 09:58:PM »
"I'm not even sure what you believe here."
Don't worry, neither do we.

[   . [/   .
I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.

Penelope

Re: What Unitarian Universalists Believe
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:15:PM »
To extend their ridiculous analogy, if Catholicism were an ice cream flavor, which would it be?
"To the guts and to the flexing heart and to the whole body of this language in much love, in grief for my dullness and in shame for my smallness and meagreness and caution. May I in time become as worthy of it as man may become of his words." - James Agee

i.p.i.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:36:PM »
To extend their ridiculous analogy, if Catholicism were an ice cream flavor, which would it be?

Neapolitan because it welcomes all kinds.   ;D

i didn't watch the video so i don't know the analogy that was used, but that's what i thought of as a Catholic (and catholic) ice cream flavor.

Penelope

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:42:PM »

Neapolitan because it welcomes all kinds.   ;D

i didn't watch the video so i don't know the analogy that was used, but that's what i thought of as a Catholic (and catholic) ice cream flavor.

Neapolitan... way too cliched.  ;D
"To the guts and to the flexing heart and to the whole body of this language in much love, in grief for my dullness and in shame for my smallness and meagreness and caution. May I in time become as worthy of it as man may become of his words." - James Agee

Tim

• Tim
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 05:01:AM »
Then it should be Tortoni, because it precedes the common ice cream and is more delicious than even Spumoni. It has liquor and whole cream, real sugar, ground macaroons, and ground toasted almonds, and it is outlawed because you need to use your bare hands to make or it is fake American crap.
tim

Foligno

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:AM »
 :laughing:

The Colbert Report did a funny bit on Unitarians vs. Catholics, it's one of my favorites:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/59606/february-27-2006/the-de-deification-of-the-american-faithscape

Virgil the Roman

• O Sacred Heart of Jesus: have mercy upon us . . .
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:00:PM »
That was humourous, Foligno
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:54:PM by Ravenonthecross »
Kindly keep me in your rosary and prayer intentions; especially as I am looking for full-time employment . . .

β€œIn life and in death, keep close to Jesus and give yourself into his faithful keeping; He alone can help you when all others fail you.”
β€” Thomas a Kempis

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Non habemus papam.

Adelhard

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:16:PM »
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. - Psalm 14: 1

Never does one triumph over error by sacrificing any right whatsoever of the truth. - St Irenaeus

The rejection of heretics makes the tenets of Thy Church and sound doctrine to stand out more clearly. For there must also be heresies, that the approved may be made manifest among the weak. - St Augustine