Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 24, 2014, 03:41:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 5-Way Scapular  (Read 1283 times)
candyapple

Personality type: INFJ

« on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:PM »

Does anyone know the requirements on wearing the 5-way scapular? If I wear a brown scapular, do I wear it in addition to or does the brown in the 5 way count? Thanks. I just couldn't find clearly defined requirements for the 5-way like found with the brown scapular.

“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”
― Augustine of Hippo
"Jesus is the owner of my heart, and belonging to Him I find that I can smile, even in the midst of tears." -St Gemma Galgani
Bakuryokuso
Eh

The gentleman in question

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:PM »

I think the brown in the 5 way counts as a brown. You've already been enrolled by a priest?

http://www.totallycatholic.com/product.php?id=1226
http://carmelnet.org/scapular/rules/rules.htm

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963
candyapple

Personality type: INFJ

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:40:PM »

Yes

“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”
― Augustine of Hippo
"Jesus is the owner of my heart, and belonging to Him I find that I can smile, even in the midst of tears." -St Gemma Galgani
Revixit

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:AM »

Does anyone know the requirements on wearing the 5-way scapular? If I wear a brown scapular, do I wear it in addition to or does the brown in the 5 way count? Thanks. I just couldn't find clearly defined requirements for the 5-way like found with the brown scapular.

You only have to be enrolled once in the Brown Scapular and they do wear out and get replaced, without requiring new enrollment.  I don't think your old one has to wear out before you can switch to a 5-way or a Brown Scapular with a different picture or design, like the crusader design.

But, to be sure, ask a priest.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.

Vita sine libris mors est.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: