Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 23, 2014, 04:03:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fatima Prayer in Latin (and what is authentic?)  (Read 3723 times)
Christus Imperat

Personality type: Sanguine Phlegmatic

« on: April 04, 2011, 12:26:PM »

Question: Which version of the Fatima prayer do you use in Latin?  There are several versions out there.  I use the following, though I don't have any profound reasons for choosing it, other than that I presently know it:

Domine Jesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, salva nos ab igne inferni, perduc in caelum omnes animas, praesertim eas, quae misericordiae tuae maxime indigent.

Question 2: I know people who omit the part about "thy mercy" at the end and say simply "especially those most in need."  Apparently because Sr. Lucia at one point stated the prayer that way in Portuguese.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The greatest of all misfortunes is never to have known Jesus Christ: yet such a state is free from the sin of obstinancy and ingratitude. But first to have known Him, and afterwards to deny or forget Him, is a crime so foul and so insane that it seems impossible for any man to be guilty of it. For Christ is the fountain-head of all good.  --- Leo XIII, Tametsi
Tim
Tim

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 01:06:PM »

Maybe here;

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,2636472.0.html

I couldn't get the link thing to work so I just pasted it.

sorry,
tim
Bakuryokuso
Eh

The gentleman in question

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:02:PM »

Well, I'm looking forward to having an opinion (an informed opinion!) on this eventually Smile for now, I'm using the version on the main site

http://www.fisheaters.com/rosary.html

Since I;m praying the rosary in LAtin.

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963
candyapple

Personality type: INFJ

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:21:PM »

Post Decadem:
O mi Iesu, indulge peccata nostra, conserva nos ab
igne inferni, duc omnes ad cæli gloriam, præcipue tua
misericordia indigentes.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires
of hell; lead all souls to heaven, especially those in
most need of Thy mercy.

This is how I say it. I got it from the Most Holy Rosary Recited in Latin cd.

“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”
― Augustine of Hippo
"Jesus is the owner of my heart, and belonging to Him I find that I can smile, even in the midst of tears." -St Gemma Galgani
Tim
Tim

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:44:PM »

I use the one Father Gruner had translated from the Portugese.

O mi Jesu dimitte nobis peccata nostra: libera nos ab ignibus inferni: perduc omnes animas in caelum, presertim maxime indigentes.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins: save us from the fires of hell:lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need.

tim

QuisUtDeus
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:PM »

I couldn't get the link thing to work so I just pasted it.

The forum will turn normal URLs into links for you.  You just need to do that URL thing if you want a word or something to be clickable.
CollegeCatholic
Banned for snarking meanness, disrespect toward the Holy Father, twisting what others say in order to mock them, etc.

Personality type: ISTJ

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:08:PM »

I say this:
Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sings, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

I learned it that way somehow.  Forget where.  Smile 
Bakuryokuso
Eh

The gentleman in question

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 04:00:AM »

I say this:
Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sings, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.

I learned it that way somehow.  Forget where.  Smile 

Your Latin sounds a lot like my English!  Smile
I use the one Father Gruner had translated from the Portugese.

O mi Jesu dimitte nobis peccata nostra: libera nos ab ignibus inferni: perduc omnes animas in caelum, presertim maxime indigentes.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins: save us from the fires of hell:lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need.

tim

Oh that's from Fr Gruner? sweet! Glad to be using it then!

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963
spasiisochrani

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 07:56:AM »

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sings

Some of the cantors at my parish could use that prayer.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: