Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 24, 2014, 01:48:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rosarium Latinum  (Read 3850 times)
Christus Imperat

Personality type: Sanguine Phlegmatic

« on: April 08, 2011, 05:27:PM »

Other excellent suggestions have been made about supplementary materials for our Latin students, but before we get to them, let's start with the basics.  The following are the prayers of the Rosary in Latin.  Note: there are different version of the Fatima prayer floating around out there; that has been discussed in another thread. 

Sign of the Cross--Signum Crucis
In nómine Patris, et Fílii, et Spíritus Sancti. Amen.

The Apostle's Creed--Symbolum Apostolorum
Credo in Deum Patrem omnipoténtem, Creatórem cæli et terræ. Et in Iesum Christum, Fílium eius únicum, Dóminum nostrum, qui concéptus est de Spíritu Sancto, natus ex María Vírgine, passus sub Póntio Piláto, crucifíxus, mórtuus, et sepúltus, descéndit ad ínfernos, tértia die resurréxit a mórtuis, ascéndit ad cælos, sedet ad déxteram Dei Patris omnipoténtis, inde ventúrus est iudicáre vivos et mórtuos. Credo in Spíritum Sanctum, sanctam Ecclésiam cathólicam, sanctórum communiónem, remissiónem peccatórum, carnis resurrectiónem, vitam ætérnam. Amen.

Lord's Prayer--Pater Noster
Pater noster, qui es in cælis, sanctificétur nomen tuum. Advéniat regnum tuum. Fiat volúntas tua, sicut in cælo, et in terra. Panem nostrum cotidiánum da nobis hódie, et dimítte nobis débita nostra sicut et nos dimíttimus debitóribus nostris. Et ne nos indúcas in tentatiónem, sed líbera nos a malo. Amen.

Angelic Salutation--Ave Maria
Ave María, grátia plena, Dóminus tecum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta María, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatóribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

Glory Be--Gloria Patri
Glória Patri, et Fílio, et Spirítui Sancto. Sicut erat in princípio, et nunc, et semper, et in sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

Fatima Prayer--Oratio Fatimae
Domine Iesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, salva nos ab igne inferiori, perduc in cælum omnes animas, præsertim eas, quæ misericordiæ tuæ maxime indigent. Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen--Salve Regina
Salve Regína, Mater misericórdiæ; Vita dulcédo, et spes nostra, salve. Ad te Clamámus éxsules fílii Evæ; Ad te Suspirámus, geméntes et flentes in hac lacrimárum valle. Eia ergo, Advocáta nostra, Illos tuos misericórdes óculos ad nos convérte: Et Iesum, benedíctum fructum ventris tui, Nobis post hoc exsílium osténde. O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo María. V/. Ora pro nobis, Sancta Dei Génetrix. R/. Ut digni efficiámur promissionibus Christi. Amen.

Oremus: Deus, cujus Unigénitus, per vitam, mortem et resurrectiónem suam nobis salútis ætérnæ præmia comparávit: concéde, quæsumus; ut, hæc mystéria sanctíssimo beátæ Maríæ Virginis Rosário recoléntes; et imitémur quod cóntinent, et quod promíttunt, assequámur. Per eúmdem Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

http://www.rosary-center.org/rosaryprayers.htm#Latin

The greatest of all misfortunes is never to have known Jesus Christ: yet such a state is free from the sin of obstinancy and ingratitude. But first to have known Him, and afterwards to deny or forget Him, is a crime so foul and so insane that it seems impossible for any man to be guilty of it. For Christ is the fountain-head of all good.  --- Leo XIII, Tametsi
Bakuryokuso
Eh

The gentleman in question

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:42:AM »

I've prayed the rosary 5 days in a row in Latin... hope to keep my streak going tonight!  Smile

Thanks CI!

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963
laurabookworm

Personality type: INFP

Thank You, God. Deo gratias.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:46:AM »

Thank you for posting this! The Latin is so beautiful.

God is good, all the time. I am blessed to be a member in the body of the Church.

A compelling argument for traditionalism: "trad chapels... where men can wear lace in a righteous manner!" - Bakuryokuso

On the distinct lack of power the devil has: "Satan can kiss my Catholic ass.  He's a pest more than anything else. The BVM will make short work of him with her beloved heel.  Ave Maria!" - QuisUtDeus
Prie dieu
Blue Fish

Formerly known as City Smurf

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:08:PM »

For those who like my self follow the second method found in Saint Louis de Montfort's The Secret of the Rosary; that of inserting a relevant word or two concerning the mystery being meditated on after "[. . .] thy womb Jesus;":

Mysteria Gaudiosa

1. Annuntiatio

... Jesus, quem tu Virgo a Spíritu Sancto concepísti

2. Visitatio

... Jesus, quem tu Virgo ad Eísabet portásti
[ = portavísti]

3. Nativitas

... Jesus, quem tu Virgo in Bethlehem genuísti

4. Præsentatio

... Jesus, quem tu Virgo in templo præsentásti
[ = præsentavísti]

5. Inventio

... Jesus, quem tu Virgo in templo invenísti

- - - - -

Mysteria Dolorosa

1. Agonia In Horta Gethsemani

... Jesus, qui pro nobis sánguinem sudávit

2. Flagellatio

... Jesus, qui pro nobis flagellátus est

3. Coronatio Spinea

... Jesus, qui pro nobis spínis coronátus est

4. Via Crucis

... Jesus, qui pro nobis crucem portávit

5. Crucifixio Et Mors In Cruce

... Jesus, qui pro nobis crucifíxus est

- - - - -

Mysteria Gloriosa

1. Resurrectio

... Jesus, qui a mórtuis resurréxit

2. Ascensio In Cælum

... Jesus, qui ascéndit in cælum

3. Descensus Spiritus Sancti Paracliti

... Jesus, qui nobis misit Spiritum Sanctum

4. Assumptio Beatissimæ Virginis Mariæ In Cælum

... Jesus, qui te, Virgo, in cælum assúmpsit

5. Coronatio Beatissimæ Virginis Mariæ In Cælo

... Jesus, qui te, Virgo, in cælo coronávit

Still Jesus cried, 'Forgive them, for they know not what they do, '
And still it rained the winter rain that drenched Him through and through;
The crowds went home and left the streets without a soul to see,
And Jesus crouched against a wall, and cried for Calvary.
Bakuryokuso
Eh

The gentleman in question

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:43:PM »

Schtroumpfez le rosaire!!

Thanks Urban Smurf!

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963

ElGato

Personality type: phlegmatic

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 01:03:PM »

For those who like my self follow the second method found in Saint Louis de Montfort's The Secret of the Rosary; that of inserting a relevant word or two concerning the mystery being meditated on after "[. . .] thy womb Jesus;":

Wao, i relly like this! thanks "pitufo urbano"  Smile

DIOS SEA BENDITO
jovan66102
La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
Gold Fish

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:55:PM »

Thanks, UrbanSmurf! I use St Louis-Marie's 'method' and my Latin isn't up to adding the phrases. Now, I can do it! Smile

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!

Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Prie dieu
Blue Fish

Formerly known as City Smurf

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:AM »

Glad to be of help.

Still Jesus cried, 'Forgive them, for they know not what they do, '
And still it rained the winter rain that drenched Him through and through;
The crowds went home and left the streets without a soul to see,
And Jesus crouched against a wall, and cried for Calvary.
Philosoraptor

Personality type: Melancholic

Totus Tuus

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:44:PM »

Glad to be of help.

Thanks! I do like St. de Montfort's method.

BUT - you seem to have skipped five decades!! Shocked

"All men begin, and most men end, in the authoritative opinions of their particular time and place."
~ Allan Bloom

"Interpreting the Second Vatican Council in a manner that contradicts traditional teaching is heresy."
~ Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
jovan66102
La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
Gold Fish

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:AM »

Glad to be of help.

Thanks! I do like St. de Montfort's method.

BUT - you seem to have skipped five decades!! Shocked

Since St Louis-Marie only knew the Fifteen Decades of the Most Holy Rosary, City Smurf would have simply had to make up the invocations for any 'additional' decades and since very few Trads say the so-called 'Luminous Mysteries' it would be wasted effort anyway.

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!

Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Pages: [1] 2

Jump to: