Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 26, 2014, 11:10:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Scanlon Chapter 4 - Discussion Thread  (Read 1673 times)
Bakuryokuso
Eh

///

« on: May 20, 2011, 12:48:AM »

Er, hi everyone, I met up with a Protestant Jew tonight to do a chapter in another Latin book. It was great. I'm gonna keep posting these threads, I'm determined to keep going... had some mad personal stuff in my life last month and a bit so didn't keep it up much but praying some breviary hours in latin and all so gonna keep on trucking!

"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963
newyorkcatholic

terrena despicere

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 02:54:PM »

Is anyone still working on Scanlon?

I am going through it on my own and thought I'd join in on the threads if it was still happening...

One human thought alone is worth more than the entire world, hence God alone is worthy of it. -- St. John of the Cross
Revixit

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:27:AM »

I was wondering the same today.  I saw the other day in the "Hello/Goodbye" forum that Bak went on a pilgrimage, made a general confession to a trad priest, who advised him not to play with us anymore.  I don't know what he told him, he said he asked him in a general way about his participation in internet trad forums and the priest told him to stop even lurking.  Could be for the best for him.  He had almost 6,000 posts since last July!  And he posted at other forums, too.

I hope others are still working on Scanlon, it will be a shame if everyone gives it up just because we've had turbulence here.  I didn't get involved in learning Scanlon because I'd rather work on Italian or Spanish, which I can use conversationally here.  I taught myself the Rosary in Latin last year with the help of Fr. Perez's DVD, wanting to make sure all the words were really pronounced as in Italian.  (When I studied Latin in high school, we did Classical Pronunciation, which is different.)  I'll just keep learning prayers in Latin, probably get a diglot Douay-Rheims for my Kindle in the future, but have no desire to read the Church Fathers in Latin.  Sometimes you just have to trust the translators.

Hope your class gets back to work soon.  Maybe you need to announce in another forum that Labor Day is over.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.

Vita sine libris mors est.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: