Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 19, 2014, 08:31:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Top Killers of Men  (Read 2827 times)
Servire Deo

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:PM »

Shouldn't abortion be on that list?

No because infants are not men.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:37:PM by Servire Deo » Logged
James02

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:PM »

In absolute terms, the best death is a martyr's death.

"Do you believe in Jesus?"

"Yes. Thank you."

BOOM.

It would be nice.  I suspect it is reserved for His best of friends though.

I know a dude that got blown up.  One minute he is starting a compressor, the next moment he was waking up in a hospital bed.  Said it would be the easiest way to die.  Getting gassed with H2S is also an easy way out, but the last thing you smell is rotten eggs.

"God's Wrath is Glorious, and I have a front row seat"

"We can not guarantee success.  We can only deserve it."

"And who do you say that I Am?"
"That one simple question, whether Jesus of Nazareth was God Incarnate, becomes increasingly decisive between people, as history moves forward. .... The answer to this question cuts into human ties and seems to reflect even on the nature of inanimate things.  What if:  all that is folly in the eyes of the Greeks, and scandal in the eyes of the Jews, ... is Truth?"

And there was no doubt about it -- towards Him we had been running, or from Him we had been running away, but all the time He had been in the center of things.
Tim
Tim

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 02:20:PM »

Rosie I have to share this with you. My grandmother loved Barn Dance on WLS radio. She was an immigrant Italian from Liguria. She loved the idea of American Cowboys and their singing like Gene Autrey, Roy and Dale, and Tex Ritter. She picked up alot of Americanisms through theses songs and movies. One of her favorite expressions for the way bad men were killed was she'd say "he died with his boots on." So what you said I find humorous.

tim
Rosarium
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 08:58:PM »

In absolute terms, the best death is a martyr's death.

"Do you believe in Jesus?"

"Yes. Thank you."

BOOM.

It would be nice.  I suspect it is reserved for His best of friends though.
You think it would be easy?

The idea that a martyr had it "easy" is wrong.

You think one would find it easier to make the right choice at the last moment instead of living that choice?
Cetil

Personality type: Melancholy BABY!

Old Lodge Skins

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 04:47:AM »

Maybe practicing homosexuality should be on the list. According to this it takes 20 years off a man's life.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/2005/jun/05060606

C.

"Arise, then unconquerable Prince, defend the people of God against the assaults of the reprobate spirits, and give them the victory."

Tim
Tim

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 05:03:AM »

...and the diseses they die from I wouldn't wish on an enemy. All of which can be attributed to either their sexual proclivities or their abuse of alcohol and drugs. I read the original study from Scandanavia, but I can't find the whole thing anymore.

tim
Servire Deo

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:AM »

Maybe practicing homosexuality should be on the list. According to this it takes 20 years off a man's life.

C.

The life expectancy of sodomites is longer now, due to advances in science and medicine but it is still shorter than normal men.
Someone1776
"The Derailer"

Neo-Candylander

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 06:46:PM »

Life expectancy of men is also shorter than women...because women nag men to death. 

"Christianity lies in achieving greatness in the face of the world's hatred." - Saint Ignatius of Antioch
James02

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 08:29:PM »

You think it would be easy?

The idea that a martyr had it "easy" is wrong.

You think one would find it easier to make the right choice at the last moment instead of living that choice?

Straight shot to heaven.  Profess your Faith in Jesus.  Yeah, it is easy.  We're all going to die.  Better than wasting way with cancer thinking about it for months.  But like I said, probably only rarely do you get the bullet to the brain.  Much more likely to be carved up slowly or burned or something nasty.

But, I will add:  Spare me the test O Lord.

"God's Wrath is Glorious, and I have a front row seat"

"We can not guarantee success.  We can only deserve it."

"And who do you say that I Am?"
"That one simple question, whether Jesus of Nazareth was God Incarnate, becomes increasingly decisive between people, as history moves forward. .... The answer to this question cuts into human ties and seems to reflect even on the nature of inanimate things.  What if:  all that is folly in the eyes of the Greeks, and scandal in the eyes of the Jews, ... is Truth?"

And there was no doubt about it -- towards Him we had been running, or from Him we had been running away, but all the time He had been in the center of things.
Rosarium
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 10:33:AM »

C.

I have heard/read many such reports.

However, the killers in this case were specific conditions, not what led to them. So, the top killer of men seems to come down to "lifestyle" and "genetics".

What we do seems to have a very profound effect on what kills us given nothing else does in the meantime.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Jump to: