Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 23, 2014, 04:03:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sickened by Bob Tebow's Website  (Read 6195 times)
MiradoBlackWarrior

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:AM »

I live in Gainesville, FL.  Catholics here are largely ignorant of the mission of the Tebow family, but I would still say Tim has done a lot of good here.  He, with the rest of the team, did several volunteer projects at the local Catholic Church, so there is something to be said of him.  His father will have quite a list when he is judged, and we really should pray for his soul, and our own as well.

I spent a few weeks last summer in the Metro Manilla.  Although it seems that evangelicals, Inglesia ni Cristo, and Muslims are destroying the faith, really most of the damage to the faith is coming through the Catholic Church.  The people are devout, but the faith they receive is modernist and charismatic heavy.  They need a few good men with funny hats, black and pink.

Yet another fruit of American colonialism.
Tim
Tim

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:PM »

Its sad and it angers me. Everyone knows about the schismatic Aglipayans, and the INC is an Arian cult.

Now we have Western prots throwing money around to steal souls away from Holy Mother Church.

I'd bet that the Church has thrown 1000 times as many souls into hell through utter neglect of them by faithless cleric than the Prots have ever managed to entice away.

Especially in the last 50 years.

How many do you think lost their faith when they heard their local priests and bishops were buggering children?

I know very many lapsed Catholics like that.

I have a friend I grew up with and he went to minor seminary. He became a policeman. He married and had five children. He kept with it, no matter the changes, sent his kids to Catholic School, and when the Scandal hit left the Church with his wife and children. The only priest he speaks to is the Chaplin from the Chicago Police Dept. He is so disgusted he once told me Pelagian was right, as the Church is not.

tim
SaintAndrew

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:PM »

Maybe one of the FSSP priests in Denver should have a talk with Tim Tebow and explain the faith to him and if they can convert him perhaps he will convert dad. It won't happen unless they approach Tim.
It's clear Urban Meyer never converted Tebow to the Faith and Tebow never made Meyer waver in his Catholic faith. Meyer - named after a Pope - is a devout Catholic who was like a father figure to Tebow for 4 years.

"Devotion to Mary is the epitome of every devotion. It is a definite arrangement with God and a peculiar means of grace, the efficacy of which is best shown by Satan's rage against it." English priest and official translator of "True Devotion to Mary", Father Fredrick W. Faber in 1860

"Qué soï era immaculado councepcioũ"...was the answer She gave Bernadette...
DrBombay

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:PM »

The lesson here is never become a "fan" of a Denver Bronco.
Traditional Guy
Peace Be With You

Personality type: Melancholic

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 02:14:AM »

The Church has killed itself before any Protestants ever touched it.

"You know when I was 18 I thought my father was pretty dumb. 3 years later I was amazed at how much he learned." Going My Way Smile

Richard C
Blue Fish

Leo volo essem

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 01:59:PM »

The Church has killed itself before any Protestants ever touched it.

At least half a dozen times now, if you recall. Honestly, when I debate with Protestants who scoff at the bad witness of popes and churchmen, I often voice my opinion that the Petrine Promise primarily protects the Church from its own hierarchy and adherents.

Whatever comes from this crisis, the Church will be there.

"Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labor."
-- T.S. Eliot

"The Catholic Church is the only thing which saves a man from the degrading slavery of being a child of his age."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"The Catholic priest is simultaneously the victim offered on the altar.  All the older, traditional ceremonies of the Roman Rite underscore this foundational dimension of the Mass. If we don’t see that relationship of priest, altar, and victim in every Holy Mass, then the way Mass has been celebrated has failed.  If we don’t look for that relationship, then we are not really Catholic.  Mass is Calvary."
-- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

Member of the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary: http://rosaryconfraternity.org/
kingtheoden
Banned for not following Catechism on treatment of homosexuality

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:AM »

The human elements of the Church are not the point of this discussion, so whatever failings are there, they are not relevant.

What is the topic is Tebow the Elder's 'mission' to directly make soul scrambled egg by way of his Protestant youth group in the Philippines.  In regard to Tebow being attacked simply on the basis of 'living faith publicly,' we should respond to that accordingly but from a Catholic perspective. 

If there is real faith amid this whole celebrity episode, faith that is truly planted in good ground, they will convert to the one true Church.  However and sadly, often Protestant groups are really just money making machines under the aegis of 'saving souls,' that this mission is either not grasped on the most fundamental levels or simply not genuine.

Protestants are not part of the Church.  If Baptized, and it would be insane to trust any of these Evangelical Protestant 'Baptisms,' once the Protestant reaches the age of majority, he is outside the Church.  If God permits one last chance at conversion at the time of death for some, that is an incredible grace and I'm sure some in our times have accepted.  But to presume in it, or get suckered into the idea that all these Protestants are 'awe shucks, thanks Pa!' types is wrong.

Most of these types when they see sacred images of Mary, the Saints or see a crucifix absolutely flip out.  You would think you were putting a hot poker by their eyes.  That bears serious consideration.

At the end of the day, they are wrecking the unity of the Church out of vanity pure and simple. 
Might_4_Right
Dyslexic to the nth degree

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 01:32:PM »

I'm sickened by the state of the Catholic Church.

“I think hell's a fable” and Mephistopheles responds: “Ay, think so still—until experience change thy mind”
Vetus Ordo

Personality type: Sinner

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 02:33:PM »

Why the surprise?

Genuine Protestants are necessarily anti-Catholic. "Friendly" relations between the Church and Protestant churches are a product of ecumenism on both sides, not of truth.

"THE LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 26:1)

"And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." — Clement, bishop of Rome

"I love truth," says he, "and not sects. I am sometimes a peripatetic, a stoic, or an academician, and often none of them; but—always a Christian. To philosophise is to love wisdom; and the true wisdom is Jesus Christ. Let us read the historians, the poets, and the philosophers; but let us have in our hearts the gospel of Jesus Christ, in which alone is perfect wisdom and perfect happiness." — Petrarch
GottmitunsAlex
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise. The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." Pope St. Pius X

Personality type: Rational

Hochmeister / Magister generalis

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 02:37:PM »

Why the surprise?

Genuine Protestants are necessarily anti-Catholic. "Friendly" relations between the Church and Protestant churches are a product of ecumenism on both sides, not of truth.
This.

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom Sunday Homily
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Jump to: