Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 24, 2014, 06:58:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lenten Pick Me-up  (Read 1505 times)
Adam_Michael
Red Fish
Personality type: Melancholic-Choleric

Tempus Fugit Memento Mori

« on: February 19, 2012, 08:21:PM »

This is my secret to making it through from meal to meal during a fast. I don't think it violates the letter or spirit of the law.

1. Pray

2. Corporal Self Mortification.  I am prefer the cilice.

3.  Do things for others

4.  The Drink - I use all generic products
     a.  Fill mug with whole milk and microwave until hot
     b.  Add spoonful of instant coffee
     c.  Add sugar to taste
     d.  Stir and enjoy

The milk has some calories and fill the gut for a moment. The caffeine helps pick me up a bit.

This really helps me on a fast. Maybe it will help you.

O my Jesus, I offer this for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Heinrich
Guilty. Miserere mei Deus.

Kommie Krusher

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:PM »

Store bought milk is bad for you, microwaving it makes it worse. Add to that the chemically bleached sugar and you be chugging a toxic cocktail.

http://www.naturalnews.com/028799_pasteurized_milk_raw.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/022015.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:17:PM by Heinrich » Logged

Jesus, I trust in You.
Jesusbrea

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:21:PM »

Store bought milk is bad for you, microwaving it makes it worse. Add to that the chemically bleached sugar and you be chugging a toxic cocktail.

Interestingly I saw a program on Management TV yesterday that talked about additives. I remembered they poured copper on the milk to make it look more "creamy". As for toxicity, let's just say they had to wear a mask and gloves just to open the recipient containing the substance.
DrBombay

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:PM »

I'm pretty sure that drink violates the fast.  Only water may be taken between meals.

So, yeah.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
jovan66102
La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
Gold Fish

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:44:PM »

I'm pretty sure that drink violates the fast.  Only water may be taken between meals.

You're wrong, of course. From the FE website:

Fasting is the taking of only one full meal (which may include meat) and two smaller, meatless meals that don't equal the large one meal. No eating between meals is allowed, but water, milk tea, cofee, and juices are OK. Meat is allowed at one meal (assuming abstience isn't also expected on a given day). Traditionally, everyone over 21 years of age and under 59 years of age is bound to observe the law of fast; but the present Code of Canon Law sets the ages of 18 and 59 as the limits.

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!

Deum timete, regem honorificate.

Adam_Michael
Red Fish

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:46:PM »

I thought I was good since it is essentially just coffee.  And if that is my two snacks that doesn't equal  a full meal arent i good?

Can you elaborate please, maybe point me to a canon law or catheschism paragraph, or other document.

You have set me straight before and I have always appreciated you help.

Thanks!

O my Jesus, I offer this for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Jesusbrea

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:47:PM »

I was always under the impression that during fasting only water and bread was acceptable.  Huh?
And I live in Novus Ordo land.
DrBombay

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:PM »

Fasting is the taking of only one full meal (which may include meat) and two smaller, meatless meals that don't equal the large one meal. No eating between meals is allowed, but water, milk tea, cofee, and juices are OK. Meat is allowed at one meal (assuming abstience isn't also expected on a given day). Traditionally, everyone over 21 years of age and under 59 years of age is bound to observe the law of fast; but the present Code of Canon Law sets the ages of 18 and 59 as the limits.

The Deposit of Faith does not reside on the FE website.   Tip o' the hat
Adam_Michael
Red Fish

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:PM »

Sources?  References?

DrBombay

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 11:10:PM »

Sources?  References?

You're good.  You can drink milk and coffee.  And ignore what the vegan tree hugger told you about milk.  Milk is good for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Jump to: