Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
April 19, 2014, 02:05:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: So, Pavlov's sitting in a bar enjoying a pint. The phone rings. He jumps up and says, "Dang! I forgot to feed the dog!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Cardinal George says if HHS not rescinded, no more Catholic anything.  (Read 2035 times)
Tim
Tim

« on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:PM »

This is pretty strong and I don't want to steal the thunder. Maybe the Cardinals and Bishops have a new Chinese Launderer and he is using lots of starch in their cassocks, cause this isn't spineless, no no !

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=13461

tim
OldMan

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:PM »

Guess what folks, you get what you asked for:

54 PERCENT OF CATHOLICS VOTED FOR OBAMA

Is Barack Obama closing the so-called "God gap"? Pundits on Wednesday were calling the president-elect's national support from 54 percent of Catholics one of the more startling outcomes of the election. It's 2 percent higher than George Bush's Catholic support in 2004...

Where was the outcry prior to the 2008 election? Don't tell me these people didn't know what they were voting for either! The silence on the part of the Novus Ordo hierarchy implied consent.

Where is the outcry against birth control? Wasn't Onan struck dead for this behavior? The papal encyclical Casti Connubii (1930) cites the Biblical text  form Genesis (Juda, therefore said to Onan his son: Go in to thy brother's wife and marry her, that thou mayst raise seed to thy brother. He knowing that the children should not be his, when he went in to his brother's wife, spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born in his brother's name. And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing.)  in support of the teaching of the Catholic Church against contracepted sex. I'm willing to bet Obama gets the same 54 percent again! Numbers don't lie folks... vast majority of "Catholics" use illicit birth control!

"It would be better to teach demons than to try to convince heretics." –St. Ephraem the Syrian, Doctor of the Church
GottmitunsAlex
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise. The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." Pope St. Pius X

Personality type: Rational

Hochmeister / Magister generalis

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:PM »

...in support of the teaching of the Catholic Church against contracepted sex. I'm willing to bet Obama gets the same 54 percent again! Numbers don't lie folks... vast majority of "Catholics" use illicit birth control!
Why the Catholics in quotes?

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom Sunday Homily
tmw89
"Dr. Technology"

Personality type: INTJ

Official Contest Pollster

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:PM »

...in support of the teaching of the Catholic Church against contracepted sex. I'm willing to bet Obama gets the same 54 percent again! Numbers don't lie folks... vast majority of "Catholics" use illicit birth control!

Maybe a better term is CINO... Catholics In Name Only.

"Fire on the forum?"  Just BLOCK the arsonist from your reality!  See http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3440942.msg33798417.html#msg33798417

"Don't pay any attention to anything that mentions peace, change or hope and fails to mention Christ."
--Mithrandylan

---

REMEMBER MY FISHIES:  +48/-24
Old Salt
Yep.

Personality type: melancholic

Sancta Dei Genitrix Ora Pro Nobis.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:PM »

"Catholics" who use illicit birth control are not Catholic.

Don't forget to pray for the dead.

Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:47:PM »

They can be. Mortal sin does not separate one from the Church. I think the quotes were used to refer to CINOs, as 54% of trads or even conservative Novus Ordinarians wouldn't vote for Obama.
Mithrandylan
Banned for promoting sedevacantism
Regular

Personality type: Melancholy- a point below phlegmatic

Divínum auxílium ✝ maneat semper nobíscum.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:48:PM »

Not in any meaningful sense of the word, no, but they are still Catholics-- even if in name only.  Hence, the distinction.
GottmitunsAlex
"As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise. The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." Pope St. Pius X

Personality type: Rational

Hochmeister / Magister generalis

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 12:25:AM »

Not in any meaningful sense of the word, no, but they are still Catholics-- even if in name only.  Hence, the distinction.
I still don't see why it was prefaced that way. So there is a minority of "Catholics" who do not use birth control?
I don't get it.
Explain "Catholics".

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom Sunday Homily
OldMan

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 07:05:AM »

I still don't see why it was prefaced that way. So there is a minority of "Catholics" who do not use birth control?
I don't get it.
Explain "Catholics".

Nothing to explain; it is self-evident!

"It would be better to teach demons than to try to convince heretics." –St. Ephraem the Syrian, Doctor of the Church
Tim
Tim

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 07:27:AM »

It's real simple, Od Man, sent away for one of those red hats offered in the back of comix books and he has excommunicated those in mortal sin. Not only that he sent for the"Joseph Smith" special glasses and he can now see souls. Forget that 50% of them were catechized by the Love Story, by Eric Seagull, he is pissed.

tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Jump to: