Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 23, 2014, 03:18:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Torture Architect Argues For Indefinite Detention of Americans  (Read 637 times)
Habitual_Ritual

Personality type: Wife says I'm mostly Choleric

« on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:PM »

"Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Torture Architect Argues For Indefinite Detention of Americans 140px AbuGhraibScandalGraner55

In the aftermath of Barack Obama’s Presidential Policy Directive which forbids controversial provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act from being used against lawful residents, a former architect of the infamous Bush torture program today testified in favor of indefinite detention for US citizens.

Following the release of a White House “fact sheet” which announced that “Section 1022 does not apply to U.S. citizens, and the President has decided to waive its application to lawful permanent residents arrested in the United States,” Steven G. Bradbury, former head of the Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) in the United States Department of Justice under the Bush administration, testified today that the law should be applied to American citizens in order to deal with “homegrown terrorists”.

In his position as OLC head, Bradbury is widely acknowledged as one of the primary architects of the Bush torture program, having provided legal opinions that justified the kind of abuse that came to light in the aftermath of the Abu Ghraib scandal, which included torture by hanging, beating prisoners to death, raping women, and sodomizing detainees with batons and phosphorescent tubes."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/torture-architect-argues-for-indefinite-detention-of-americans.html

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith.”

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)
ggreg
Banned for being an ass and bringing up old things that need not be brought up, even after she was told not to

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:09:AM »

HabRit.

You post a lot of these doom and gloom and conspiracy articles, yet you don't get very involved in many of the other topics of conversation here bout the Church or daily life.  I have noticed.

Like you I used to be more interested in finding the masons secret plan for our destruction.  Then about 2 years ago I realised that I was pretty unhappy with life and pessimismistic about the state of the world, 41 years old and continuing to worry about stuff wasn't going to do me any good.

So I stopped because I had been doing it for 20 years and nothing much had happened other than in my mind.  No black helicopters, no killer virus, no knocks on the door at night.  Just the same old same old.

I did not want to end up at 63 worried about events I could not control anyways for the last 45 years.  Plus it is impossible not to project these views onto your children and in my experience fathers who do that hamstring their children from being able to work in a bank or for many modern businesses or teach in public education or work in many branches of healthcare because they think the system is out to get them and the world is about to come crashing down.

Some of my nephews are like this.  They have jobs that they will struggle to support a family with as a result of their negativity. The thing then becomes self re-enforcing.  There have always been things that will kill us or harm us and people and governments too. Try getting out and smelling the flowers, taking your children to some water slides or building them a spaceship from cardboard boxes and playing the role of buzz lightyear or landing on the moon like the Apollo 11 astronauts didn't do.

If the economy collapses or the FEMA camps open up you are only going to last a tin of beans or box of ammo longer than your more optimistic neighbour.  It is fruitless worrying about this stuff and a sort of narcotic vanity to think we can fight it in any other way than prayer and hope.

I'm much happier now and I post here a lot less too.

I still read your posts because I know you will find out the stories relevant to a Catholic view.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:37:AM by ggreg » Logged
Starry Plough
Gold Fish

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:AM »

HabRit.

You post a lot of these doom and gloom and conspiracy articles, yet you don't get very involved in many of the other topics of conversation here bout the Church or daily life.  I have noticed.

Like you I used to be more interested in finding the masons secret plan for our destruction.  Then about 2 years ago I realised that I was pretty unhappy with life and pessimismistic about the state of the world, 41 years old and continuing to worry about stuff wasn't going to do me any good.

So I stopped because I had been doing it for 20 years and nothing much had happened other than in my mind.  No black helicopters, no killer virus, no knocks on the door at night.  Just the same old same old.

I did not want to end up at 63 worried about events I could not control anyways for the last 45 years.  Plus it is impossible not to project these views onto your children and in my experience fathers who do that hamstring their children from being able to work in a bank or for many modern businesses or teach in public education or work in many branches of healthcare because they think the system is out to get them and the world is about to come crashing down.

Some of my nephews are like this.  They have jobs that they will struggle to support a family with as a result of their negativity. The thing then becomes self re-enforcing.  There have always been things that will kill us or harm us and people and governments too. Try getting out and smelling the flowers, taking your children to some water slides or building them a spaceship from cardboard boxes and playing the role of buzz lightyear or landing on the moon like the Apollo 11 astronauts didn't do.

If the economy collapses or the FEMA camps open up you are only going to last a tin of beans or box of ammo longer than your more optimistic neighbour.  It is fruitless worrying about this stuff and a sort of narcotic vanity to think we can fight it in any other way than prayer and hope.

I'm much happier now and I post here a lot less too.

I still read your posts because I know you will find out the stories relevant to a Catholic view.
Food for thought.
Habitual_Ritual

Personality type: Wife says I'm mostly Choleric

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:02:AM »

Thanks for the concern Ggreg but I'm perfectly satisfied with life in general and knowing whats going on in the world actually makes me feel better and bolsters my Catholic will.
I have always hated bullies even as a small child.I would have no trouble bopping a bigger kid on the nose if he got out of  line with myself or others.I have a fierce sense of injustice when I see justice wronged.
I don't get depressed or down on these matters.It is not in my make up. I would actually feel worse if I was unable to keep tabs on the enemy.

Woe to the man or  men who come though my door in the dead of night if and when the day comes.One or other us will be leaving in the back on an ambulance.That's how it will go down.I am the least meek person I know.I have left good paying jobs because I wasn't down with the direction of the work.I would never work in a bank (a living death for an artist like me) nor would I put myself through the co-opted medical training system.I know too much. We don't do doctors in our house except for physical damage or broken bones.I am after all, the person who helped cure Mother of Cancer through non Orthodox methods.My pudding has been proofed on far to many medical issues to put any stock in the modern system.

There are other ways to make a decent living and still avoid the beast system. I do ok and am quite content for the most in my work.If I pushed myself a little and embarked on certain ventures I could likely be quite comfortable.One day maybe. Frankly tho,I'd rather go fishing or hang with my family over a game of Balder-dash.

I don't see things as being all doom and Gloom. This world was handed over to the Prince of Darkness fairly early on after  its creation and most people who have walked this mortal coil have had a pretty miserable run of it. Thankfully I am not one of them....yet. But I would neither be surprised or too upset if the hammer fell one day.Martyrdom would suit my personality.
I am OK with the world as it is.Certainly a lot of people have been anticipating bad things for a long time and I have been watching events for a good 20 years now but I see a definite jumping ahead in recent years that wasn't there before.Much of what was limited to Church tea room conversations for years and years has now entered the public sphere.
It is obvious something is a foot.

It the Reds ever drop the Bomb I shall sit on my rooftop with a  cigar,champagne and my rosary beads.

HR
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:04:AM by Habitual_Ritual » Logged

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith.”

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)
Pages: [1]

Jump to: