Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 26, 2014, 03:14:PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reciving Communion.  (Read 1408 times)
Credo

« on: February 18, 2006, 07:56:PM »

Is there a limit on how many times one can recieve the Blessed Sacrament? I recieved twice, one in the morning, once in the evening last week at a retreat (I attended a Mass before the retreat itself). Any sin here?

I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.
Deogratias

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 08:01:PM »

Quote from: Credo

Is there a limit on how many times one can recieve the Blessed Sacrament? I recieved twice, one in the morning, once in the evening last week at a retreat (I attended a Mass before the retreat itself). Any sin here?

No.  If you're intentions are right, No.

EDIT: Thats what I would reason.  Unless someone knows otherwise.

mississippicatholic
Future Doctor

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 08:05:PM »

According to current Canon Law, one may recieve the Blessed Sacrament twice in one day.  However, the second time that one recieves the Sacrament, you must have participated in the Mass during which you recieve Holy Communion, OR you could recieve the Sacrament as viatacum.  However, the traditional rule is to recieve the Sacrament at most once a day, unless Holy Communion is recieved as viatacum.

Deogratias

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:PM »

Quote from: mississippicatholic

According to current Canon Law, one may recieve the Blessed Sacrament twice in one day.  However, the second time that one recieves the Sacrament, you must have participated in the Mass during which you recieve Holy Communion, OR you could recieve the Sacrament as viatacum.  However, the traditional rule is to recieve the Sacrament at most once a day, unless Holy Communion is recieved as viatacum.

Thank you.

Deogratias

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 08:16:PM »

mississippicatholic, did you know that off the top of your head, if not how did you find it so fast?

OrlandoCatholic
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 09:58:PM »

How does the law apply to priests and religious? There are traditional priests (probably a majority) that offer at least two Masses on Sunday. Some Novus Ordo priests as much as three times (English NO, Polish NO, indult Tridentine).

DominusTecum
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:10:PM »

I believe that under the rules of Pius XII, priests may say up to three masses on Sunday, two on weekdays.

OrlandoCatholic
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:PM »

Right, three Masses...for instance those of Christmas (though the readings differ).

Though IIRC, Fr. Pfieffer (sp?) stated in a sermon once priests are supposed to celebrate one Mass a day but they offer more than one Mass out of necessity. 

Credo

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 11:00:PM »

Quote from: OrlandoCatholic

....Fr. Pfieffer (sp?)....

That man is a character! My first contact with the SSPX was running into Fr. Pfieffer in Ridgefield, CT one Summer afternoon last year. He was pottering around the retreat grounds and was quite welcoming, and funny too.

I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.
mississippicatholic
Future Doctor

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 12:31:AM »

Quote from: Deogratias

mississippicatholic, did you know that off the top of your head, if not how did you find it so fast?

yeah...I'd read it somewhere and just remembered.  I did have to look up how to spell Viaticum, though.

Pages: [1]

Jump to: