Fish Eaters Traditional Catholic Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:03:AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Gold walks into a bar. The bartender yells "AU! Get out!"

Fish Eaters    Forum Index   Forum Rules   Help Calendar Members Chat Room   Who's Chatting   Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Summer camps  (Read 1242 times)
Krusader
« on: March 06, 2006, 01:24:PM »

Does anyone know of good Catholic summer camps around Ohio(preferably northeast Ohio)?

kjvail

Personality type: INTJ / melancholic

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:PM »

The Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family & Property has one in Pennsylvania I think. It's at their school, the St. Louis de Montfort Academy I'm pretty sure the info should be on that website.

Pax Tecum,
Kevin V.

"I am a converted pagan living among apostate puritans"
- C.S. Lewis

"In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing,
Aeroharp

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 05:45:PM »

I'm looking for good traditional catholic summer camps, preferably for "Indult" types.  I found one run by SSPV in or near Cincinnati, and one run by the SSPX in Raccoon Lake State Park in PA. 

To my surprise I found one run by what seems to be an "Indult" group of Benedictine brothers and sisters-- www.saintbenedict.com in Massachusetts.  Reasonably priced, too!

Is there ANYone with experience with this camp?  OR knows of others in our IN/OH/PA area?

Many thanks!

Aeroharp

P.S.  The one run for boys by TFP in PA looks really interesting, but my guy is about three years too young for it...chivalry has always captured my imagination!

OmniaInstaurareInChristo
La misma nada
Gold Fish

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:00:AM »

Quote from: Aeroharp

To my surprise I found one run by what seems to be an "Indult" group of Benedictine brothers and sisters-- www.saintbenedict.com in Massachusetts.  Reasonably priced, too!

Is there ANYone with experience with this camp?  OR knows of others in our IN/OH/PA area?

Many thanks!

Aeroharp

The brothers who run the MA camp are Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary who have an Indult for their Traditional Mass in Still River.  I know boys who have attended said camp, and both the boys and their parents seem very satisfied.

They use saintbenedict.com because the various St. Benedict Centers are run by the Slaves.  The St. Benedict Centers are all not afflilated, but all are run by different groups of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Cor Immaculatum Mariae, ora pro nobis. (Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Quinte, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius V, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Decime, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius X, pray for us.)
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church)
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.”  St. Athanasius
Trevor

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:12:PM »

Ive seen pictures of the SSPX camp at Raccoon State park, It looks nice and the area isnt bad.

Any Trads in Richmond?

Pages: [1]

Jump to: